RE: [jacksongenealogy] Memories

  • Sanders, Dennis R.
    Message 1 of 41 , May 2, 2005
      Hollywood: Mrs. Lena Mae Sanders' maiden name was Phillips. Her brother,
      Judson, was a Baptist preacher. Her son is Robert Lee Sanders. He still
      lives on their home place. The Phillips farm is next door. They're on the
      road to the unfinished Nuclear Plant.

      Fackler: The driver of the bus crash was also Beavers. One of the victims
      was his nephew, I think. I remember Lloyd and Floyd Beavers, twin brothers,
      but I don't remember their relation to these school bus Beavers. I also
      have fond memories of the Mutt McGuffey and Wilson stores. Charles Wilson
      still runs a truck stop & convenient store at the Fackler Road/Hwy. 72
      intersection.

      Mud Creek: I worked many jobs every summer (mostly free labor farmed out to
      someone by dad as a favor or payback for their children helping him, etc.)
      but one job was on the last Rolling Store that I remember. I'm having a
      senior moment and can't remember the husband & wife's first names but
      Gibson's store was right across the road from Mud Creek B-B-Que and marina.
      Mr. Gibson would take eggs, etc., as payment or would pay cash for farm
      crops. He would then sell them to people that would meet him on the side of
      the road. We would just stop in the road while customers read him their
      list of wants.

      Stevenson: Raymond Carter, school bus driver, used to let a couple of us
      guys, that he liked, who road the 1st bus, ride with him on the second bus
      route sometimes. Before we picked up anyone, he would let us chew and
      smoke. Also, if everyone was good on his bus, he would sometimes stop at my
      dad's service station or the other station on his route, and let everyone
      get off and buy coke/candy (nickel each) and eat it on the bus. He would
      buy some and dad would give him some to give those who didn't buy anything.
      He would clean everything up but everyone was careful not to make too bad a
      mess. Everyone loved Mr. Carter. They would fire him now.

      I'm done now.

      Dennis Sanders
      Union, Ky.

      Message 41 of 41 , Mar 24 7:58 PM
        In a message dated 3/24/2006 8:32:31 P.M. Central Standard Time,
        _blackcloud27030@..._ (mailto:blackcloud27030@...) writes:

        Velma

        I checked it and it works fine for me. Anyone else having problems getting
        LINKS at the Group Home website to work?

        Clay
        ******

        OK, Clay, I'll try again.
        Thanks,