Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Chadwick/James or related Families

    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2005
      From the Social Sec. Death Index (SSDI)

      Roy Chadwick
      SSN 424-44-7627
      Last Residence: Zip 35765 Pisgah, Jackson Co. AL
      Born: 10 Dec 1901
      Died: 1984
      Issued: AL (1952-1953)

      Raymond Chadwick
      SSN 255-20-7964
      Last Residence: Zip 35570, Hamilton, Marion Co.
      AL
      Born: 7 Aug 1905
      Died: Oct 1986
      Issued: GA (before 1951)

      I don't know if this is them, the dates of birth
      match their ages on the 1920, the only ones on
      the SSDI that did. You can order their Social
      Security Card Application Form and it will give
      their parents name and where they and the parents
      were born.

      Clay
    • Roy Chadwick
      Message 2 of 7 , May 3, 2005
        Thanks Clay,
        I will follow up on the info. I did notice the SS# for Roy Chadwick,and it looks like a KY SS#( 1st 3 #'s)?. I wonder if Al starts with a # 4. I could be wrong,but have been told that each state is different from another?
        My first #'s are 404. Would I have to contact Huntsville for the info?.
        Thanks again. Roy.aka Shadrack.

        From the Social Sec. Death Index (SSDI)

        Message 3 of 7 , May 3, 2005
          Roy

          Check with your local SS Office about ordering
          copies their SSN Application Form. Or you can
          print out the below form. I think you need to
          order the SS-5 in order to get all the
          information on them the Numident is an
          abbreviated form I am not sure all that it
          includes. It probably takes 6 to 8 weeks to get
          the copy. The SS-5 is a copy of the original
          appilication.

          Social Security Administration
          Office fo Earnings Operations
          FOIA Workgroup
          300 N. Green Street
          P.O. Box 33022
          Baltimore, Maryland 21290

          Re: Freedom of Information Act Request

          Dear Freedom of Information Officer,

          I am writing this request under the Freedom of
          Information Act, 5 U.S.C. Section 552. I hereby
          request a copy of the SS-5, Application for
          Social Security Card or a corresponding NUMIDENT
          printout (see below) for the following
          individual:

          NAME:
          SSN:
          Birth Date:
          Death Date:

          This individual is deceased, having been listed
          in the Social Security Administration's Death
          Master File. I understand the fee for this
          service is $27 for the copy of the original SS-5
          application OR $16 for copy of an abbreviated
          NUMIDENT printout when the Social Security Number
          is provided. I am requesting a (circle one: SS-5
          copy OR Numident printout). Included is a check
          for $______ made out to the Social Security
          Administration to cover any administrative costs
          required by this request.

          Please respond to my request upon receipt of this
          initial correspondence. Thank you for your
          attention and assistance.

          Sincerely,

          Address:

          Daytime Phone Number: