Re: Chadwick/James or related Families

  • Roy L Chadwick
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2005
      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
      <blackcloud27030@y...> wrote:
      > Roy
      >
      > 1920 Pct 3 Kash, Jackson Co. AL
      >
      > House 179
      > James D. Shrader Head 61 AL TN AL Farmer
      > Martha?? E. Wife 39 AL AL AL
      > Ruth E. Dau 4yr 4mos AL AL AL
      > Roosevelt G. Son 2yr 6mos AL AL AL
      > Russell F. Son 3mos AL AL AL
      > Robert L. Son 23 Mar. AL AL AL Farm Labor
      > Roy or Ray L. Chadwick 18 Step-son AL AL AL Farm
      > Lab
      > Raymond W. Chadwick 14 Step-son AL AL AL Farm
      > Labor
      > Raburn?? H. Chadwick 12 Step-son AL AL AL Farm
      > Lab.
      > Clay,
      Thanks for the info.Boy it sure would be nice if I could find the
      name of the Chadwick boys father,any suggestions?
      Thanks again Roy.

      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2005
        From the Social Sec. Death Index (SSDI)

        Roy Chadwick
        SSN 424-44-7627
        Last Residence: Zip 35765 Pisgah, Jackson Co. AL
        Born: 10 Dec 1901
        Died: 1984
        Issued: AL (1952-1953)

        Raymond Chadwick
        SSN 255-20-7964
        Last Residence: Zip 35570, Hamilton, Marion Co.
        AL
        Born: 7 Aug 1905
        Died: Oct 1986
        Issued: GA (before 1951)

        I don't know if this is them, the dates of birth
        match their ages on the 1920, the only ones on
        the SSDI that did. You can order their Social
        Security Card Application Form and it will give
        their parents name and where they and the parents
        were born.

        Clay
      • Roy Chadwick
        Message 3 of 7 , May 3, 2005
          Thanks Clay,
          I will follow up on the info. I did notice the SS# for Roy Chadwick,and it looks like a KY SS#( 1st 3 #'s)?. I wonder if Al starts with a # 4. I could be wrong,but have been told that each state is different from another?
          My first #'s are 404. Would I have to contact Huntsville for the info?.
          Thanks again. Roy.aka Shadrack.

          From the Social Sec. Death Index (SSDI)

          Message 4 of 7 , May 3, 2005
            Roy

            Check with your local SS Office about ordering
            copies their SSN Application Form. Or you can
            print out the below form. I think you need to
            order the SS-5 in order to get all the
            information on them the Numident is an
            abbreviated form I am not sure all that it
            includes. It probably takes 6 to 8 weeks to get
            the copy. The SS-5 is a copy of the original
            appilication.

            Social Security Administration
            Office fo Earnings Operations
            FOIA Workgroup
            300 N. Green Street
            P.O. Box 33022
            Baltimore, Maryland 21290

            Re: Freedom of Information Act Request

            Dear Freedom of Information Officer,

            I am writing this request under the Freedom of
            Information Act, 5 U.S.C. Section 552. I hereby
            request a copy of the SS-5, Application for
            Social Security Card or a corresponding NUMIDENT
            printout (see below) for the following
            individual:

            NAME:
            SSN:
            Birth Date:
            Death Date:

            This individual is deceased, having been listed
            in the Social Security Administration's Death
            Master File. I understand the fee for this
            service is $27 for the copy of the original SS-5
            application OR $16 for copy of an abbreviated
            NUMIDENT printout when the Social Security Number
            is provided. I am requesting a (circle one: SS-5
            copy OR Numident printout). Included is a check
            for $______ made out to the Social Security
            Administration to cover any administrative costs
            required by this request.

            Please respond to my request upon receipt of this
            initial correspondence. Thank you for your
            attention and assistance.

            Sincerely,

            Address:

            Daytime Phone Number: