RE: [jacksongenealogy] Wagon roads in Jackson Couty in1837

  • Richard Matthews
    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 30, 2005
      According to the USGS Larkin's landing was on present day Goosepond
      Island just a little down river from the former Revere barge unloading
      dock. The exact coordinates of the Landing is Lat 34.578 Long 86.045
      Larkin's Ferry was a bit down river from the Landing, being located at
      the south end of the island where old Roseberry Creek emptied into the
      river. The easiest way to reach the site is by boat. This is a very
      scenic spot since one is able to see many miles downstream on
      Guntersville Lake from this location. The island is owned by the City of
      Scottsboro but part has been sold off to land developers recent. A local
      Cherokee tribe is trying to acquire land on the island in this area for
      a Cherokee historical Center. This area is rich in history for both
      natives and white as it also played a local role during the WBTS.

      I am send you a photo map to your email address

      Richard

      Message 41 of 41 , Mar 24, 2006
        In a message dated 3/24/2006 8:32:31 P.M. Central Standard Time,
        _blackcloud27030@..._ (mailto:blackcloud27030@...) writes:

        Velma

        I checked it and it works fine for me. Anyone else having problems getting
        LINKS at the Group Home website to work?

        Clay
        ******

        OK, Clay, I'll try again.
        Thanks,