Re: [jacksongenealogy] Lowery / Higdon Research in Jackson County

  • Roger Swafford
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2000
      Hi Greg,
      Would you possibly have any information on . Samuel Alexander Higdon
      1860-1920 son of James Blackburn Higdon and Caroline Grace Mason. Samuel m.
      Mary Elizabeth Swafford 1868-1929 about 1882. Mary was the daughter of
      James W. Swafford and Winfred Ann Sullivan.

      The 1880 Jackson Co. AL census listed an Ann Swafford, age 28, a widow, born
      1852 in TN, at the home of Jefferson and Nancy. She was listed as a servant
      and her three children were with her as Mary 13, William 7, and Nancy 2 all
      recorded as being born in TN. James and Ann had at least three children.

      Roger

      From: Greg Lowery <gslowery@...>