Chadwick/James or related Families

  • Roy L Chadwick
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 26, 2005
      Hi good people of Jackson Co,
      I am trying to find any info on possible relatives in or around
      Jackson Co(Stevenson)?. I have heard over the years that my Father
      Rufus Albert Chadwick had relatives in the area. I believe that my
      GGparents were James or John Chadwick brn Eng/NC,married unknown
      James from NC/SC,and she was believed to be Native American
      (Cherokee)?.I remember one time that a Uncle Dave Lankford was
      talking about the Chadwick family,and he stated that my Father Rufus
      Albert Chadwick lived in Stevenson near relatives,possible early
      1900's.He married my Mother Edith Lankford from Grundy Co TN,and
      died in 1950 Harlan Co Ky
      All my ancestors came from Warren/Marion/Grundy/Coffee Co's of
      Tn,and Dekalb/Etowah Co's of AL.
      Father line, Bond,Chadwick,James/Janes,Wilson.
      Mother's
      Line,Bost,Coffelt,Choate/Shoat,Keele,Lankford/Langford,Seitz,
      Sitz,Vaughn.
      Other names in Mother's line,Nunly,Shadrick,Thompson,Evans,Dugan,Poe,
      Tate,King?,Meeks?Dykes.
      Thanks Roy Chadwick,aka Shadrack.
    • Doiefamily@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 28, 2005
        In a message dated 4/26/2005 6:40:42 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        chadwick011554@... writes:

[...]

        hi

        I have an Tabita Shadrick that married Lewis Pete Brewer.They was in Marion
        county in about 1840 andor 1850.In 1820 they was in Morgan county Tn.Do you
        known if these are the same one.I seen it spelled both ways on the census.

        Jerri

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 30, 2005
          Roy

          1920 Pct 3 Kash, Jackson Co. AL

          House 179
          James D. Shrader Head 61 AL TN AL Farmer
          Martha?? E. Wife 39 AL AL AL
          Ruth E. Dau 4yr 4mos AL AL AL
          Roosevelt G. Son 2yr 6mos AL AL AL
          Russell F. Son 3mos AL AL AL
          Robert L. Son 23 Mar. AL AL AL Farm Labor
          Roy or Ray L. Chadwick 18 Step-son AL AL AL Farm
          Lab
          Raymond W. Chadwick 14 Step-son AL AL AL Farm
          Labor
          Raburn?? H. Chadwick 12 Step-son AL AL AL Farm
          Lab.

          Raymond is listed twice on the 1920, is he also
          listed with Henry B. age53 and Mary age53 Shrader
          as Farm Labor.

          Clay
        • Roy L Chadwick
          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2005
            --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, clay gullatt
            <blackcloud27030@y...> wrote:
            > Roy
            >
            > 1920 Pct 3 Kash, Jackson Co. AL
            >
            > House 179
            > James D. Shrader Head 61 AL TN AL Farmer
            > Martha?? E. Wife 39 AL AL AL
            > Ruth E. Dau 4yr 4mos AL AL AL
            > Roosevelt G. Son 2yr 6mos AL AL AL
            > Russell F. Son 3mos AL AL AL
            > Robert L. Son 23 Mar. AL AL AL Farm Labor
            > Roy or Ray L. Chadwick 18 Step-son AL AL AL Farm
            > Lab
            > Raymond W. Chadwick 14 Step-son AL AL AL Farm
            > Labor
            > Raburn?? H. Chadwick 12 Step-son AL AL AL Farm
            > Lab.
            > Clay,
            Thanks for the info.Boy it sure would be nice if I could find the
            name of the Chadwick boys father,any suggestions?
            Thanks again Roy.

            Message 5 of 7 , May 1, 2005
              From the Social Sec. Death Index (SSDI)

              Roy Chadwick
              SSN 424-44-7627
              Last Residence: Zip 35765 Pisgah, Jackson Co. AL
              Born: 10 Dec 1901
              Died: 1984
              Issued: AL (1952-1953)

              Raymond Chadwick
              SSN 255-20-7964
              Last Residence: Zip 35570, Hamilton, Marion Co.
              AL
              Born: 7 Aug 1905
              Died: Oct 1986
              Issued: GA (before 1951)

              I don't know if this is them, the dates of birth
              match their ages on the 1920, the only ones on
              the SSDI that did. You can order their Social
              Security Card Application Form and it will give
              their parents name and where they and the parents
              were born.

              Clay
            • Roy Chadwick
              Message 6 of 7 , May 3, 2005
                Thanks Clay,
                I will follow up on the info. I did notice the SS# for Roy Chadwick,and it looks like a KY SS#( 1st 3 #'s)?. I wonder if Al starts with a # 4. I could be wrong,but have been told that each state is different from another?
                My first #'s are 404. Would I have to contact Huntsville for the info?.
                Thanks again. Roy.aka Shadrack.

                From the Social Sec. Death Index (SSDI)

                Message 7 of 7 , May 3, 2005
                  Roy

                  Check with your local SS Office about ordering
                  copies their SSN Application Form. Or you can
                  print out the below form. I think you need to
                  order the SS-5 in order to get all the
                  information on them the Numident is an
                  abbreviated form I am not sure all that it
                  includes. It probably takes 6 to 8 weeks to get
                  the copy. The SS-5 is a copy of the original
                  appilication.

                  Social Security Administration
                  Office fo Earnings Operations
                  FOIA Workgroup
                  300 N. Green Street
                  P.O. Box 33022
                  Baltimore, Maryland 21290

                  Re: Freedom of Information Act Request

                  Dear Freedom of Information Officer,

                  I am writing this request under the Freedom of
                  Information Act, 5 U.S.C. Section 552. I hereby
                  request a copy of the SS-5, Application for
                  Social Security Card or a corresponding NUMIDENT
                  printout (see below) for the following
                  individual:

                  NAME:
                  SSN:
                  Birth Date:
                  Death Date:

                  This individual is deceased, having been listed
                  in the Social Security Administration's Death
                  Master File. I understand the fee for this
                  service is $27 for the copy of the original SS-5
                  application OR $16 for copy of an abbreviated
                  NUMIDENT printout when the Social Security Number
                  is provided. I am requesting a (circle one: SS-5
                  copy OR Numident printout). Included is a check
                  for $______ made out to the Social Security
                  Administration to cover any administrative costs
                  required by this request.

                  Please respond to my request upon receipt of this
                  initial correspondence. Thank you for your
                  attention and assistance.

                  Sincerely,

                  Address:

                  Daytime Phone Number: