Messer

  • MARCELLA MESSER
    Message 1 of 5 , May 13, 2000
      Hello, Looking for information on William Jesse
      Messer (born 1823 Hawkins Co., TN) and wife Sarah
      Elizabeth. They lived in Jackson Co., at the 1850
      census. William joined the 1st Alabama Calvaray USV
      and was noted as living in Jackson Co at the time he
      joined. He had these children born in Jackson Co.:
      Jesse Messer m Angenna Smalley (Jackson Co.)
      James William Messer m Nancy Shellhouse
      John W. Messer
      Mary A. Messer m John W. Adkins (Jackson Co.)
      Allen J. Messer m Louisa Brazier (Jackson Co)
      Susannah Messer
      Martha J. Messer m John M. Sisk
      David M. Messer m Brewer
      Sarah Messer
      Louisa Messer m William Cox

      All records related to Sarah Elizabeth notate her as
      "Sarah Elizabeth Messer or Sarah Messer". She may
      have been a widow of a Messer, or a Messer by birth,
      but am unsure.

      William may have remarried to a Betsy Brazier (1869)
      in Jackson Co.

      Any information on this family would be appreciated.
      I am from James William Messer's line.

      =====
      Marcella "Marcie" Messer

      "THE LEAVES FROM OUR FAMILY TREE"

      Research addresses are:
      marcella@..., familysearcher@..., mmesser_98@...

      http://im.yahoo.com/
    • rickey35768@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2000
        John W. Adkins is related to my family. I have to look it up and all
        right now but I know that he is email me and we can share what I do
        have. rickey35768@... I worked 3rds last night and I don't
        have my book on me right now email me and I will see what I can
        find. If I don't get back with you soon at the yahoo.address email
        me at rdadkins@....

        --- In jacksongenealogy@egroups.com, MARCELLA MESSER
        <mmesser_98@y...> wrote:
        > Hello, Looking for information on William Jesse
        > Messer (born 1823 Hawkins Co., TN) and wife Sarah
        > Elizabeth. They lived in Jackson Co., at the 1850
        > census. William joined the 1st Alabama Calvaray USV
        > and was noted as living in Jackson Co at the time he
        > joined. He had these children born in Jackson Co.:
        > Jesse Messer m Angenna Smalley (Jackson Co.)
        > James William Messer m Nancy Shellhouse
        > John W. Messer
        > Mary A. Messer m John W. Adkins (Jackson Co.)
        > Allen J. Messer m Louisa Brazier (Jackson Co)
        > Susannah Messer
        > Martha J. Messer m John M. Sisk
        > David M. Messer m Brewer
        > Sarah Messer
        > Louisa Messer m William Cox
        >

        > All records related to Sarah Elizabeth notate her as
        > "Sarah Elizabeth Messer or Sarah Messer". She may
        > have been a widow of a Messer, or a Messer by birth,
        > but am unsure.
        >
        > William may have remarried to a Betsy Brazier (1869)
        > in Jackson Co.
        >
        > Any information on this family would be appreciated.
        > I am from James William Messer's line.
        >

        > =====
        > Marcella "Marcie" Messer
        >
        > "THE LEAVES FROM OUR FAMILY TREE"
        >
        > Research addresses are:
        > marcella@a..., familysearcher@h..., mmesser_98@y...

        > http://im.yahoo.com/
      • Geri Beaver
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 7 9:43 PM
          Since this site is so active I am going to post my query once again. Seeking
          any info on any Messers in Jackson Co.,Ala. My ggggrandfather was William
          Messer b. abt. 1823 supposedly in Hawkins Co., Tn. lived most of his life in
          Jackson Co. m. Sarah Bynum before 1845 children James William, Allen Jackson
          , Jesse G.. John W. and several more any info would be greatly appreciated
          this has been my brick wall for four years.

          Geri Beaver
        • Earl T. Reed
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 9 7:02 PM
            Geri,
            You mentioned that Catherine Messer and John Shelton who are ancestors
            of mine were your connection to the Messer line. How about Sarah Bynum?
            Was she a descendent of the original John Baynhum who came to the Jamestown,
            VA area prior to 1616? The first Bynums appear to have come to Jackson Co.
            between 1757 and 1845. I would estimate early 1800s since AL became a state
            in 1819.
            Also, the following is from an apparently authenticated site on
            Ancestry.com: Catherine's father was Christian Sargent Messer b. ABT 1760
            (FamilySearch says 1754) in Orange Co. N.C.; her mother was named Sally (no
            last name) b: ABT 1758. Other Messers in Hawkins Co., TN in the early 1800s
            when John and Catherine were married were Michael Messer and Thomas Messer.
            William Messer lived in Jackson Co., AL and was born in TN in 1823.
            The Messer information was material I found while looking for Shelton
            ancestors. FamilySearch shows links back for parents of Christian Messer
            and Sally Messer (nee UNKNOWN).
            Hope this gives some leads. Membership in Ancestry.com is about $90 per
            year and has a lot of benefits. FamilySearch.com is free, but is obviously
            being converted over to sales of genealogy CDs and doesn't seem to be adding
            any new records. Also, you have to take them with a grain of salt because
            of numerous contributions which change data slightly but significantly.

            Regards,
            Earl Reed
            Dayton, TN
          • Geri Beaver
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 10 11:08 PM
              I have Sarah Bynum's ancestry back to James Bynum b. 1666 in Surry Co., Va.
              w. Elizabeth Mizell children William b. 1690, James b. 1692 and John b. 1700
              I have membership at Ancestry.com, I am seeking parentage of William Messer
              b. 1823-28 in supposedly Hawkins Co., Tn.

[...]

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor