Sills/Cox 1870 Jackson Co, AL

  • Mike Cummons
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2000
      Seeking information on John A. SILLS and his wife Amanda COX.  John and Amanda were married in 1869 in Chattanooga, Hamilton County, TN.  In the 1870 census they are in Jackson County, AL with a 1 year old son Frances.  By 1879 Amanda and their new born son, John A. Jr. drown in a flood in Dade County, GA.

      Are there any of families by the name COX in Jackson Co?  I can't find Amanda's parents.  Amanda was born abt 1850 in TN.  I have the 1850 Hamilton Co, TN census and she isn't on it.  I don't know if she wasn't born yet or if she was born somewhere else.  Are there any other SILLS/SEALS living in Jackson County at that time?

      Thanks,
      Georgia Mathis Cummons
      Jacksonville, FL
    • Richard Matthews