Re: [jacksongenealogy] my family names - MAXWELL

  • Karen Groce
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17 4:56 PM
      William MAXWELL, b. 1869, was the son of Elias (a.k.a. Alias) and Mary L. MAXWELL of TN. Here they are on the census records:
      1860 Dekalb Co. AL, Northern Division, House #100:
      Alias Maxwell, 26, farmer, TN
      Mary L., 17 domestic, TN
      Mary J.(?), 10/12, AL

      1870 Marion Co. TN, P.O. Jasper, Dist. 11, House #63:
      Able Maxwell, 31, farm laborer, TN [changed his name and age but I'm sure it's the same family]
      Mary L., 24, AL
      Mary L., 11, AL
      Martha E., 8, TN
      Paralee E., 7, TN
      Sarah P., 6, TN
      William C. (or G.), 1, TN

      Elias MAXWELL was the son of David and Mary MAXWELL of Marion Co. TN and Jackson Co. AL. Here they are on the census records:
      1850 Marion Co., TN, page 403, 7th District, House #377:
      David Maxwell, 50, farmer, KY
      Mary, 49, SC
      Elizabeth, 22, f, TN
      Alius, 21, m, TN
      Elvira, 18, f, TN
      Simon, 16, m, TN
      George W., 12, m, TN
      Jasper, 9, m, TN
      Jerry, 4, m, TN

      1860 Jackson Co., AL, page 472, Division 1, House #906/907:
      David Maxwell, 62, farmer, 300/700, KY
      Mary, 62, SC
      Elizabeth, 30, TN
      George W., 19, laborer, AL
      Jasper, 17, laborer, AL
      Jeremiah, 13, TN

      David MAXWELL was the son of John MAXWELL. That's as far back as I have them.

      Karen Groce
      wgroce@...