Re: [jacksongenealogy] Kind of a off topic - The Sentinel's new obit policy

  • Jean Brandau
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2000
      Regarding Obits--I just moved to Huntsville from Iowa about 5 months ago.
      One thing I found "amusing" (?!) about the obits here--they don't tell what
      people died of/from! I keep thinking how helpful that would be for
      genealogists......where I was from they always said cause of death or at
      least something like "natural causes".

      Oh the paper charging for obits--that was the policy if it was after a
      certain time span or the family wanted to vary from the standard guidelines
      of the newspaper.

      Jean