John Holloway, Cooper, Abbott, & Warren

  • Kathryn Swearingen
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2005
      Hi all of you Holloway researchers,

      I've wanted to put my John Holloway into the pot and maybe someone
      knows something about him. I think his middle initial is "H", not sure
      of that.

      My great-great grandfather was John Holloway born about 1828 in KY or
      TN.
      He married Jemina Cooper on June 28, 1854 in DeKalb Co. AL. She was the

      daughter of Isaac Cooper and Mahala Blevins. Jemina was born about 1839

      in AL and died about 1875 and is buried in Shellmound Marion Co. TN. I
      have more information on the Cooper and Blevins lines.

      John and Jemina's children were:
      1) Jerry Holloway born abt 1856 *GA
      2) Susan Ann born abt 1859 *GA

      3) James B. born July 31, 1861 AL, died Nov 22, 1951, Checota,
      McIntosh Co. OK. Married Refina Abbott Aug 17, 1882 in Jackson Co. AL.
      Refina was the daughter of John Abbott and Mary Warren. Refina was born

      June 4,1862 in AL and died Octover 31, 1931 in Muskogee, Muskogee Co.
      OK.
      James and Refina are my great grand parents. James is buried in
      Texanna,
      McIntosh Co., OK. John Abbott died in 1890 and so did Mary' mother,
      Olive Warren. Mary Warren Abbott died in 1924-26 in GA.

      4)Isaac Almaren Holloway born Mar 16, 1868 TN, died Jan 6 1954, Ponca
      City OK. Isaac married Etta Stout abt 1912 in McIntosh Co OK. He is
      buried
      in Fishertown Cemetery, McIntosh Co. OK.

      5) Sarah Jane Holloway born Aug 1869 TN, died in OK, married ?
      Ketchum
      about 1895 OK.
      6) Malinda Holloway born abt 1874 TN died in OK.

      James and Refina's children were:
      1) Jerry N. Holloway bo June 1885 AL died July 1, 1952 McIntosh Co.
      OK

      2) John Franklin Holloway born Oct 10, 1888 AL, (some records show
      1890) died Nov 26, 1963 in Sulphur, Murray Co. OK. He married Caterine
      Lee on Sept 4, 1909 in Eufalula, McIntosh Co. OK. She was the daughter
      of David Lee and Martha Edds. Katie was born Aug 20, 1891 in KY and
      died Nov 17, 1920 in Muskogee, Muskogee Co. OK. John married 2nd,
      Hattie J. McClain on May 31, 1921 in Wagoner Co. OK. John and Katie
      were my grandparents. My dad was their only surviving child of 5
      children.
      His name was David James Holloway born Jun 7, 1913 in Muskogee OK
      and died Jan 5, 1973 in Kansas City MO. John had 4 children with
      Hattie.

      3) William Jasper Holloway born Jun 15, 1892 AL, died Nov 5, 1940 OK
      5) Mary Ella Holloway born Feb 1893
      6) Sallie Holloway born April 1900

      I hope somebody out there has my John in their line. He has been a
      mystery
      to me for many years. Also, any information on my ABBOTT or COOPER
      OR WARREN lines would be appreciated.