Re: [jacksongenealogy] Wiley Mathews and Zelphia Day

  • prm@hiwaay.net
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 4, 2005
      James is a very common name in the Matthews family. John Thomas Mathews, oldest
      son of Walker moved west and had some children there that may be his parent. I
      have not traced John's family out very far so I would not have their names in
      my data base. But most of the people with the last name of Mathis in Jackson
      county were related in the early days.

      Richard

      Quoting Lorraine Cooper <rubyrain@...>:

      > I wonder if we are connected? My GG and Grandfather were named James
      > Albert Mathis( Mathews) . My Grandfather married in Jackson Co. AL in
      > 1887. He was born in AL. Both his parents born in MO. I have not been
      > able to get any more info than that. Thanks Lorraine Mathis Cooper

    • Lorraine Cooper
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 4, 2005
        Thanks, I will see if I can find out more using the info you have given. Lorraine
        James is a very common name in the Matthews family. John Thomas Mathews, oldest
        son of Walker moved west and had some children there that may be his parent. I
        have not traced John's family out very far so I would not have their names in
        my data base. But most of the people with the last name of Mathis in Jackson
        county were related in the early days.

        Richard

        Quoting Lorraine Cooper <rubyrain@...>:

        > I wonder if we are connected? My GG and Grandfather were named James
        > Albert Mathis( Mathews) . My Grandfather married in Jackson Co. AL in
        > 1887. He was born in AL. Both his parents born in MO. I have not been
        > able to get any more info than that. Thanks Lorraine Mathis Cooper

      • Matthews Joyce
        Message 3 of 27 , Feb 4, 2005
          Richard -- John Thomas would be my gggrandfather any
          information you would like to have just let me know
          and also I believe you have already added my line to
          your web site come to think of it. In fact the last
          one of my Dad's ( Othiel Matthews ) brothers & sisters
          , Carl Robert Matthews , just passed away Oct 23,
          2004. Still working on where Walker Mathis came from
          and who his parents were.

          http://mail.yahoo.com