Re: [jacksongenealogy] Wiley Mathews and Zelphia Day

  • prm@hiwaay.net
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 4, 2005
      There is a photo of Wiley and Zelphia at
      http://home.hiwaay.net/~prm/matpic/mat.htm furnished to me by some of the
      family kin from Arizona.

      Richard

      Quoting prm@...:

    • prm@hiwaay.net
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 4, 2005
        James is a very common name in the Matthews family. John Thomas Mathews, oldest
        son of Walker moved west and had some children there that may be his parent. I
        have not traced John's family out very far so I would not have their names in
        my data base. But most of the people with the last name of Mathis in Jackson
        county were related in the early days.

        Richard

        Quoting Lorraine Cooper <rubyrain@...>:

        > I wonder if we are connected? My GG and Grandfather were named James
        > Albert Mathis( Mathews) . My Grandfather married in Jackson Co. AL in
        > 1887. He was born in AL. Both his parents born in MO. I have not been
        > able to get any more info than that. Thanks Lorraine Mathis Cooper

      • Lorraine Cooper

          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 4, 2005
            Thanks, I will see if I can find out more using the info you have given. Lorraine
            James is a very common name in the Matthews family. John Thomas Mathews, oldest
            son of Walker moved west and had some children there that may be his parent. I
            have not traced John's family out very far so I would not have their names in
            my data base. But most of the people with the last name of Mathis in Jackson
            county were related in the early days.

            Richard

            Quoting Lorraine Cooper <rubyrain@...>:

            > I wonder if we are connected? My GG and Grandfather were named James
            > Albert Mathis( Mathews) . My Grandfather married in Jackson Co. AL in
            > 1887. He was born in AL. Both his parents born in MO. I have not been
            > able to get any more info than that. Thanks Lorraine Mathis Cooper

          • Matthews Joyce
            Message 5 of 27 , Feb 4, 2005
              Richard -- John Thomas would be my gggrandfather any
              information you would like to have just let me know
              and also I believe you have already added my line to
              your web site come to think of it. In fact the last
              one of my Dad's ( Othiel Matthews ) brothers & sisters
              , Carl Robert Matthews , just passed away Oct 23,
              2004. Still working on where Walker Mathis came from
              and who his parents were.

              http://mail.yahoo.com