[jacksongenealogy] Jackson Co. Cemetery MegaFile

  • Ann B. Chambless
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 30, 2005
      Our Jackson Genealogy website has never permitted attachments.
      Ann B. Chambless
    • Regina
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 30, 2005
        That is what I thought But since Clay took over I thought things may have
        changed.

        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 31, 2005
          Clay and members,

          Our mailing list is set up to not allow attachments through the list. This was
          done to eliminate the possibliity of getting a virus through the list. I can
          remove this ban if everyone wants it removed. If you send the attachments by
          private email the attachment will go through OK.

          Richard

          Quoting Regina <rgpipes@...>:

          > Clay.
          > Mine did not have anything attached.
          > Regina
        • pam kelley
          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 3, 2005
            hi, Clay,
            I am replying to your offer of the Jackson County
            Cemetery Megafile. I would like to have it also.
            and also the TVA files if possible. Thank You, Very
            Much Pam My email is: cherie12272@...

            =====
            pam have a good day GOD love you

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • pam kelley
            Message 5 of 27 , Feb 3, 2005
              clay , on the last email on the TVA i was talking
              about the flooded cemetery file. i'm sorry if there
              was any misunderstanding. i know that you are doing a
              good joba for every one with the aite. thank you
              again. pam cherie12272@...
              --- m d <scorpi1120@...> wrote:

              > Good luck on your new job with this. Hope that you
              > can get lots of information and web sites for every
              > one or at least everyone.
              >
              > clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:
              > Thanks everyone for your kind words. Just hope I
              > can be as good a moderator as Richard has been
              > over the years.
              >
              > I have sent the TVA Flooded Cemetery File and the
              > Jackson County Cemetery Megafile to everyone who
              > requested it. If I have missed anyone please
              > email me direct.
              >
              > Clay

              > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

              > removed]

              =====
              pam have a good day GOD love you

              http://my.yahoo.com
            • prm@hiwaay.net
              Message 6 of 27 , Feb 4, 2005
                Wiley was a brother to my GGgrandfather James . Wiley is buried next to his
                third wife Zelphia Day in the Matthews family cemetery in Matthews Cove on Big
                Coon Creek near Stevenson, Alabama. Go to
                http://fly.hiwaay.net/~prm/visit/visit.htm for some pictures of the cemetery.
                my Matthews line is Walker Mathis, James Mathews, William Mathews, James
                William Mathews, Charles Benjamin Matthews, Paul Richard Matthews.

                My family names are a good example of why a genealogist must look at family
                name derivatives when searching the family lines. In seven generations we have
                used three different spellings. Our name is still pronounced "Mathis" in this
                area.
              • prm@hiwaay.net
                Message 7 of 27 , Feb 4, 2005
                  There is a photo of Wiley and Zelphia at
                  http://home.hiwaay.net/~prm/matpic/mat.htm furnished to me by some of the
                  family kin from Arizona.

                  Richard

                  Quoting prm@...:

                • prm@hiwaay.net
                  Message 8 of 27 , Feb 4, 2005
                    James is a very common name in the Matthews family. John Thomas Mathews, oldest
                    son of Walker moved west and had some children there that may be his parent. I
                    have not traced John's family out very far so I would not have their names in
                    my data base. But most of the people with the last name of Mathis in Jackson
                    county were related in the early days.

                    Richard

                    Quoting Lorraine Cooper <rubyrain@...>:

                    > I wonder if we are connected? My GG and Grandfather were named James
                    > Albert Mathis( Mathews) . My Grandfather married in Jackson Co. AL in
                    > 1887. He was born in AL. Both his parents born in MO. I have not been
                    > able to get any more info than that. Thanks Lorraine Mathis Cooper

                  • Lorraine Cooper

                      Message 10 of 27 , Feb 4, 2005
                        Thanks, I will see if I can find out more using the info you have given. Lorraine
                        James is a very common name in the Matthews family. John Thomas Mathews, oldest
                        son of Walker moved west and had some children there that may be his parent. I
                        have not traced John's family out very far so I would not have their names in
                        my data base. But most of the people with the last name of Mathis in Jackson
                        county were related in the early days.

                        Richard

                        Quoting Lorraine Cooper <rubyrain@...>:

                        > I wonder if we are connected? My GG and Grandfather were named James
                        > Albert Mathis( Mathews) . My Grandfather married in Jackson Co. AL in
                        > 1887. He was born in AL. Both his parents born in MO. I have not been
                        > able to get any more info than that. Thanks Lorraine Mathis Cooper

                      • Matthews Joyce
                        Message 11 of 27 , Feb 4, 2005
                          Richard -- John Thomas would be my gggrandfather any
                          information you would like to have just let me know
                          and also I believe you have already added my line to
                          your web site come to think of it. In fact the last
                          one of my Dad's ( Othiel Matthews ) brothers & sisters
                          , Carl Robert Matthews , just passed away Oct 23,
                          2004. Still working on where Walker Mathis came from
                          and who his parents were.

                          http://mail.yahoo.com