RE: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson Co. Cemetery MegaFile

  • Regina
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 30, 2005
      Clay.
      Mine did not have anything attached.

      From: clay gullatt [mailto:blackcloud27030@...]
      Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 8:04 AM
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson Co. Cemetery MegaFile

      See attached.

      ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Give
      underprivileged students the materials they need to learn.
      Bring education to life by funding a specific classroom project.
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/S_B0zD/_WnJAA/a8ILAA/FvNolB/TM
    • Ann B. Chambless
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 30, 2005
        Our Jackson Genealogy website has never permitted attachments.
        Ann B. Chambless
      • Regina
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 30, 2005
          That is what I thought But since Clay took over I thought things may have
          changed.

          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 31, 2005
            Clay and members,

            Our mailing list is set up to not allow attachments through the list. This was
            done to eliminate the possibliity of getting a virus through the list. I can
            remove this ban if everyone wants it removed. If you send the attachments by
            private email the attachment will go through OK.

            Richard

            Quoting Regina <rgpipes@...>:

            > Clay.
            > Mine did not have anything attached.
            > Regina
          • pam kelley
            Message 5 of 27 , Feb 3, 2005
              hi, Clay,
              I am replying to your offer of the Jackson County
              Cemetery Megafile. I would like to have it also.
              and also the TVA files if possible. Thank You, Very
              Much Pam My email is: cherie12272@...

              =====
              pam have a good day GOD love you

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • pam kelley
              Message 6 of 27 , Feb 3, 2005
                clay , on the last email on the TVA i was talking
                about the flooded cemetery file. i'm sorry if there
                was any misunderstanding. i know that you are doing a
                good joba for every one with the aite. thank you
                again. pam cherie12272@...
                --- m d <scorpi1120@...> wrote:

                > Good luck on your new job with this. Hope that you
                > can get lots of information and web sites for every
                > one or at least everyone.
                >
                > clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:
                > Thanks everyone for your kind words. Just hope I
                > can be as good a moderator as Richard has been
                > over the years.
                >
                > I have sent the TVA Flooded Cemetery File and the
                > Jackson County Cemetery Megafile to everyone who
                > requested it. If I have missed anyone please
                > email me direct.
                >
                > Clay

                > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                > removed]

                =====
                pam have a good day GOD love you

                http://my.yahoo.com
              • prm@hiwaay.net
                Message 7 of 27 , Feb 4, 2005
                  Wiley was a brother to my GGgrandfather James . Wiley is buried next to his
                  third wife Zelphia Day in the Matthews family cemetery in Matthews Cove on Big
                  Coon Creek near Stevenson, Alabama. Go to
                  http://fly.hiwaay.net/~prm/visit/visit.htm for some pictures of the cemetery.
                  my Matthews line is Walker Mathis, James Mathews, William Mathews, James
                  William Mathews, Charles Benjamin Matthews, Paul Richard Matthews.

                  My family names are a good example of why a genealogist must look at family
                  name derivatives when searching the family lines. In seven generations we have
                  used three different spellings. Our name is still pronounced "Mathis" in this
                  area.
                • prm@hiwaay.net
                  Message 8 of 27 , Feb 4, 2005
                    There is a photo of Wiley and Zelphia at
                    http://home.hiwaay.net/~prm/matpic/mat.htm furnished to me by some of the
                    family kin from Arizona.

                    Richard

                    Quoting prm@...:

                  • prm@hiwaay.net
                    Message 9 of 27 , Feb 4, 2005
                      James is a very common name in the Matthews family. John Thomas Mathews, oldest
                      son of Walker moved west and had some children there that may be his parent. I
                      have not traced John's family out very far so I would not have their names in
                      my data base. But most of the people with the last name of Mathis in Jackson
                      county were related in the early days.

                      Richard

                      Quoting Lorraine Cooper <rubyrain@...>:

                      > I wonder if we are connected? My GG and Grandfather were named James
                      > Albert Mathis( Mathews) . My Grandfather married in Jackson Co. AL in
                      > 1887. He was born in AL. Both his parents born in MO. I have not been
                      > able to get any more info than that. Thanks Lorraine Mathis Cooper

                    • Lorraine Cooper

                        Message 11 of 27 , Feb 4, 2005
                          Thanks, I will see if I can find out more using the info you have given. Lorraine
                          James is a very common name in the Matthews family. John Thomas Mathews, oldest
                          son of Walker moved west and had some children there that may be his parent. I
                          have not traced John's family out very far so I would not have their names in
                          my data base. But most of the people with the last name of Mathis in Jackson
                          county were related in the early days.

                          Richard

                          Quoting Lorraine Cooper <rubyrain@...>:

                          > I wonder if we are connected? My GG and Grandfather were named James
                          > Albert Mathis( Mathews) . My Grandfather married in Jackson Co. AL in
                          > 1887. He was born in AL. Both his parents born in MO. I have not been
                          > able to get any more info than that. Thanks Lorraine Mathis Cooper

                        • Matthews Joyce
                          Message 12 of 27 , Feb 4, 2005
                            Richard -- John Thomas would be my gggrandfather any
                            information you would like to have just let me know
                            and also I believe you have already added my line to
                            your web site come to think of it. In fact the last
                            one of my Dad's ( Othiel Matthews ) brothers & sisters
                            , Carl Robert Matthews , just passed away Oct 23,
                            2004. Still working on where Walker Mathis came from
                            and who his parents were.

                            http://mail.yahoo.com