RE: [jacksongenealogy] Civil War Records

  • rgpipes
    Message 1 of 43 , Jan 24, 2005
      All my soldiers were Union so their information was at the NRA. From what I
      understand the Confederate soldiers are ordered from the State they served.
      Who are you searching for? Union or Confederate?

      Message 43 of 43 , Sep 20, 2010
        I highly recommend Footnote.com. I've had cases where I paid the National
        Archives for a record search, only for them to return back that they
        couldn't find the records (despite my giving specific names, dates, and file
        numbers). I later found the records on Footnote.com. I've been a member for
        four years, and have them to be fast, reliable, good quality, and with a
        wide (and ever-growing) catalog of records.

        --Joseph