Re: [jacksongenealogy] Our Davises

  • caroledavis3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2005
      Hey Sharon! I have been thinking about you lately. I will get everything
      together today so I can get it copied for you. (believe it or not). You
      mentioned Selma Davis Finley does she or did she live out around Ranger? Louie ( my
      father in law ) knew a Selma Davis Finley out around Ranger. It is so funny
      because my maiden name was Finley and my g grandfather was from Belefonte,
      Jackson County Ala. You mentioned William Allen DAvis--- I have his military
      records. Do you have them? You know that he helped to blow up the steamer,"City
      of Vicksburg" when it was captured by the Yankees.. I have done a lot of
      research on this and have a lot of info on that boat and even a picture that I
      got at the museum in Vicksburg. The military records mention that he and 3 of
      his buddies blew up the boat-- they were seen running along the shore when the
      ship blew. They were also given a special furlow for their bravery. That was
      when William Allen Davis Jr was concieved ( while he was home) We bought
      another house last week and it will be 3 weeks or so before we will be busy with
      that so now is a good time to get all of this together for you. My direct
      email is Caroledavis3@.... I'll get back with you in a couple of days.
      Cousin Carole Davis