William Wiley Smith& Ruth J Morgan

  • akinsron
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 16, 2005
      I need proof of their marriage about 1873 in Long Island,AL. Also his
      father is Jesse Josiah Smith. According to census records he was a
      minister in that area. I would like to know the name of his church
      and its denomination? Which cemetery is the Smith family buried in
      and would the Morgan family also be there? Ron Akins
    • kathy edwards
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 19, 2005
        Mr Smith,
        Type in "Long Island, AL" Genealogy, Smith
        Look at item 2 and 3
        To read the story about trial you can look at Progressive Age Newspapers
        at Scottsboro Library if you find date of event.
        I think cemetery near that area was Caperton's Cemetery. I'll try to look
        up more later.

        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 19, 2005
          I have received from Will Peek (member of
          ALJACKSO-L@...) a file containing the
          names of those who where in the cemeteries
          flooded by the TVA in Jackson and Marshall
          Counties. Jackson County cemeteries include:
          Bellefonte, Coffey Town, Moody, Boyd, Hale,
          Delaney, Price, Sanders. Cemeteries with no
          county listed include: Chisenhall, Henry Privite,
          Kelly, Nickelson, Pierce. Many more in Marshall
          Co.

          Anyone wanting a copy email me direct.

          Clay
        • Jim Boyd
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 19, 2005
            Intrested in the Boyd name
            > I have received from Will Peek (member of
            > ALJACKSO-L@...) a file containing the
            > names of those who where in the cemeteries
            > flooded by the TVA in Jackson and Marshall
            > Counties. Jackson County cemeteries include:
            > Bellefonte, Coffey Town, Moody, Boyd, Hale,
            > Delaney, Price, Sanders. Cemeteries with no
            > county listed include: Chisenhall, Henry Privite,
            > Kelly, Nickelson, Pierce. Many more in Marshall
            > Co.
            >
            > Anyone wanting a copy email me direct.
            >
            > Clay
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Jim Boyd
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 19, 2005
              Boyd name ---jlboyd@...

              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 19, 2005
                Here is a link to flooded cemeteries in Hamilton
                Co. TN plus a listing of cemeteries in other
                states.

                http://www.cemeterysurveysinc.com/

                Click on Cemetery Relocations then Chickamauga
                for Hamilton Co.

                This is a website maintained by a family in
                Murphy NC and is free.

                Clay

                This is maintained by a family in Murphy NC and
                is free.
              • KLinge6131@aol.com
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 20, 2005
                  Clay; Welcome back, I would like to have the list of The Belefonte Cemetery
                  flooded in Jackson County. Cuz. K. M. LIngenfelter

                • treinfelder@comcast.net
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 20, 2005
                    Clay,

                    I would greatly appreciate it if you would send me a copy as well. My personal e-mail is treinfelder@.... Thank you very much.

                    Toni

                    I have received from Will Peek (member of
                    ALJACKSO-L@...) a file containing the
                    names of those who where in the cemeteries
                    flooded by the TVA in Jackson and Marshall
                    Counties. Jackson County cemeteries include:
                    Bellefonte, Coffey Town, Moody, Boyd, Hale,
                    Delaney, Price, Sanders. Cemeteries with no
                    county listed include: Chisenhall, Henry Privite,
                    Kelly, Nickelson, Pierce. Many more in Marshall
                    Co.

                    Anyone wanting a copy email me direct.

                    To visit your group on the web, go to:

                  • Cynthia Pugliese
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 20, 2005
                      Clay, when the list says "not moved" does that mean they just left the bodies when they flooded or it wasn't necessary to move the bodies?

                      Thanks for the information.

                      Cynthia Pugliese
                      capugliese@...

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 20, 2005
                        Clay please send me a list

                        Thank You
                        Ronda Myers

                        > I have received from Will Peek (member of
                        > ALJACKSO-L@...) a file containing the
                        > names of those who where in the cemeteries
                        > flooded by the TVA in Jackson and Marshall
                        > Counties. Jackson County cemeteries include:
                        > Bellefonte, Coffey Town, Moody, Boyd, Hale,
                        > Delaney, Price, Sanders. Cemeteries with no
                        > county listed include: Chisenhall, Henry Privite,
                        > Kelly, Nickelson, Pierce. Many more in Marshall
                        > Co.
                        >
                        > Anyone wanting a copy email me direct.
                        >
                        > Clay
                        >

                        > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • sromanek
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 20, 2005
                          Clay could I please get the list as well? Thanks for all you do for the list. It is much appreciated.

                          Thanks,
                          Sharon Dover Romanek
                          Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
                          Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...

                          Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, Demers, Murphy, Allen

                          It's 2005... Do you know where your g-g-great grandparents are?
                          > I have received from Will Peek (member of
                          > ALJACKSO-L@...) a file containing the
                          > names of those who where in the cemeteries
                          > flooded by the TVA in Jackson and Marshall
                          > Counties. Jackson County cemeteries include:
                          > Bellefonte, Coffey Town, Moody, Boyd, Hale,
                          > Delaney, Price, Sanders. Cemeteries with no
                          > county listed include: Chisenhall, Henry Privite,
                          > Kelly, Nickelson, Pierce. Many more in Marshall
                          > Co.
                          >
                          > Anyone wanting a copy email me direct.
                          >
                          > Clay

                        • Nelda Thompson
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 20, 2005
                            Clay,
                            As I don't know which Cemetery Andrew & Louisa McCoy may
                            be buried in, wonder if you might have Cometeries listed near
                            the town of Sunset? Louisa was living there late in her life. When Andrew was still living, they lived up from Stevenson.
                            Several folks have looked in some old Cemeteries, but he or
                            Louisa never showed up.

                            Thanks for any help.
                            Nelda Thompson
                            You have helped me out with several things.

                            Message 13 of 18 , Jan 20, 2005
                              Clay,

                              Please forward me a copy of the TVA Cemeteries to ccb439@.... Thank you,
                              Cathy

                            • christy harding
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jan 20, 2005
                                please send me a copy of the belefonte cemetary , tva cemetary
                                > Clay; Welcome back, I would like to have the list of The Belefonte
                                > Cemetery
                                > flooded in Jackson County. Cuz. K. M. LIngenfelter

                              • m d

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jan 24, 2005
                                    Hi Kathy, thank you for your reply I was unable to to get the Long Island info. Caperton is the cemetery for that area.Ron Akins

                                    kathy edwards <kated35765@...> wrote:
                                    Mr Smith,
                                    Type in "Long Island, AL" Genealogy, Smith
                                    Look at item 2 and 3
                                    To read the story about trial you can look at Progressive Age Newspapers
                                    at Scottsboro Library if you find date of event.
                                    I think cemetery near that area was Caperton's Cemetery. I'll try to look
                                    up more later.

                                    >From: "akinsron"
                                    >To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                                    >Subject: [jacksongenealogy] William Wiley Smith& Ruth J Morgan
                                    >Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:39:51 -0000
                                    >

                                    >I need proof of their marriage about 1873 in Long Island,AL. Also his
                                    >father is Jesse Josiah Smith. According to census records he was a
                                    >minister in that area. I would like to know the name of his church
                                    >and its denomination? Which cemetery is the Smith family buried in
                                    >and would the Morgan family also be there? Ron Akins

                                  • pam kelley
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jan 25, 2005
                                      Clay could you forward me a copy of the TVA Cemeteries
                                      to cherie12272@... thank you so much Pam
                                      --- ccb439@... wrote:

                                      > Clay,
                                      >
                                      > Please forward me a copy of the TVA Cemeteries to
                                      > ccb439@.... Thank you,
                                      > Cathy

                                      > removed]

                                      =====
                                      pam have a good day GOD love you

                                      http://my.yahoo.com
                                    • akinsron
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Feb 28, 2005
                                        Hi Clay, I have contacted the Jackson County courthouse and the Dade
                                        County,GA courthouse for a marriage record. No record was found. They
                                        were probally married about 1872?. Where else could I search? Ron
                                        Akins