Jackson County Website

  • Myra Chambers
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2005
      I have been away from home for several weeks so am coming in on the middle
      of this discussion. There are a couple of site that may have already been
      mentioned, but I will list them just in case.

      We have a great list of Jackson County researchers. It is like most lists,
      sometimes very busy and sometimes slow. You can subscribe to this list by
      sending an email to ALJACKSO-L-request@... (By the way, I am the
      moderator for this list) You can also go to www.usgenweb.com and click on
      "Search Engines" or go to http://fly.hiwaay.net/~prm/jcalgenweb.html for
      the Jackson County Web site.

      www.rootsweb.com has a great many search sites that are free of charge.

      www.us-censu.org has many census records online that may be used free of
      charge. The 1850 Jackson County Census Records are online. It was the
      very first census record that I transcribed. our goal is to have all of
      the census records online for researchers to use.

      Myra Chambers
      USGenWeb Census Project
      www.us-census.org
      State Coordinator