RE: [jacksongenealogy] Digest Number 998

  • Margie Campbell
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
      Land records can be found online at http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/
      This is the Bureau of Land Management site. Once you are there..save the
      site in your favorites file...
      You can print a copy of the title. The full records can be ordered, but I
      have found they don't usually contain family information. You will want to
      order the file. Files can be a few pages, to 30 or more.. depends on what
      transpired to get the property.
      One I ordered was 9 pages.. but worth it. I asked for all that I could get
      up to 40.00. It cost me 16.00.. was not as much as some others.
      I ordered my file through the National Archives site.

      ************
      1860 United States Federal Census
      Household of John Sizemore
      About this database
      1860 United States Federal Census with links to images of the original
      surviving population schedules. More information below

      « Global Search Results

      Name Home in 1860
      (City,County,State) Age in 1860 Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Gender View
      Image Save This

      John Sizemore Northern Division, De Kalb, AL 38 1821 Georgia Male
      Margaret Sizemore Northern Division, De Kalb, AL 26 1833 Tennessee Female
      James H Sizemore Northern Division, De Kalb, AL 17 1842 Alabama Male
      Matha E Sizemore Northern Division, De Kalb, AL 13 1846 Alabama Female
      John M Sizemore Northern Division, De Kalb, AL 12 1847 Alabama Male
      Thomas J Sizemore Northern Division, De Kalb, AL 9 1850 Alabama Male
      Benjamin F Sizemore Northern Division, De Kalb, AL 2 1857 Alabama Male
      Eaphraim f Sizemore Northern Division, De Kalb, AL 1 1858 Alabama Male

      No Sizemores in Jackson county that I could see for 1860 & 1880
      Marge
    • R Myers
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
        Margie,

        I am so new at this and don't know where to begin. I decided one day I'd
        like to research my complete family as the members close to me started
        passing on. I set my mom down and picked her brain and don't know where to
        go from there or even begin to know what to do. I went to the Land web site
        but didn't understand anything I saw or know what to ask for. Is there
        someplace I can go to get better prepared for the adventure I'm thinking I
        want to go on?

        Thanks Ronda
        > This is the Bureau of Land Management site. Once you are there..save the
        > site in your favorites file...
        > You can print a copy of the title. The full records can be ordered, but I
        > have found they don't usually contain family information. You will want
        > order the file. Files can be a few pages, to 30 or more.. depends on what
        > transpired to get the property.
        > One I ordered was 9 pages.. but worth it. I asked for all that I could
        > get
        > up to 40.00. It cost me 16.00.. was not as much as some others.
        > I ordered my file through the National Archives site.
        >
        > ************
        > 1860 United States Federal Census
        > Household of John Sizemore
        > About this database
        > 1860 United States Federal Census with links to images of the original
        > surviving population schedules. More information below
        >
        > « Global Search Results
        >
        > Name Home in 1860
        > (City,County,State) Age in 1860 Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Gender
        > View
        > Image Save This
        >
        > John Sizemore Northern Division, De Kalb, AL 38 1821 Georgia Male
        > Margaret Sizemore Northern Division, De Kalb, AL 26 1833 Tennessee
        > Female
        > James H Sizemore Northern Division, De Kalb, AL 17 1842 Alabama Male
        > Matha E Sizemore Northern Division, De Kalb, AL 13 1846 Alabama Female
        > John M Sizemore Northern Division, De Kalb, AL 12 1847 Alabama Male
        > Thomas J Sizemore Northern Division, De Kalb, AL 9 1850 Alabama Male
        > Benjamin F Sizemore Northern Division, De Kalb, AL 2 1857 Alabama Male
        > Eaphraim f Sizemore Northern Division, De Kalb, AL 1 1858 Alabama Male
        >
        > No Sizemores in Jackson county that I could see for 1860 & 1880
        > Marge
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Regina
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
          Rhonda,
          First list your family on the Jackson County web site that lived or came
          through Jackson county area that you are researching. Put out as much
          information you have on them like when they were born, died, marriages etc.
          Usually someone on the list will offer help and who knows you may find
          someone else researching the same name.