Re: [jacksongenealogy] Who are you researching

  • R Myers
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2005
      Thank you so very much
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Lorraine Cooper" <rubyrain@...>
      To: <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 3:11 PM
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Who are you researching

      > Ronda, to begin, go to Genealogy .com message boards and put the names in
      > there, It is free, and a wealth of info. Happy New Year, Lorraine

    • Earl T Reed
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 1, 2005
        Ronda,
        I am interested in John Woodrow Sims. My grandmother, Lucy Shelton Hastings
        was married around 1905 +/- to Matthew Sims. Mr. Sims was probably born in
        early to mid 1880s and died around 1910 +/-. They had two boys, Henry and
        William Thomas. Henry died late 1940s, and William died in Nov 1984.
        Grandmother married my grandfather in 1912, and they had 6 children to
        survive childhood. This may be too sketchy to do any good.

        Earl Reed
        Dayton, TN
      • R Myers
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
          Earl he was my grandfather who married Vera Evelyn Sizemore.... not sure
          what year yet. Just started looking into my family and I'm green at this.

          Ronda
          > I am interested in John Woodrow Sims. My grandmother, Lucy Shelton
          > Hastings
          > was married around 1905 +/- to Matthew Sims. Mr. Sims was probably born
          > in
          > early to mid 1880s and died around 1910 +/-. They had two boys, Henry and
          > William Thomas. Henry died late 1940s, and William died in Nov 1984.
          > Grandmother married my grandfather in 1912, and they had 6 children to
          > survive childhood. This may be too sketchy to do any good.
          >
          > Earl Reed
          > Dayton, TN
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Earl T Reed
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
            Ronda,
            If you find Matthew Sims in your research, please let me know.
            reed0333@....
            Thanks,
            Earl Reed
            Dayton, TN
          • Greg Carroll
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
              Dear Regina,

              Try the website at: www.glorecords.blm.gov

              I am sure you could find out by going to the Jackson County Courthouse. I
[...]

              where it appears that Sarah J. died. The rest of the Carr family moved to
              Illinois and it appears never returned.

              Any help would be appreciated. My family page URL is
              below:

              http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/s/c/h/Robert-L-Schneider/index.ht
              ml

              Robert Schneider