Re: [jacksongenealogy] Who are you researching

  • Lorraine Cooper
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2005
      Ronda, to begin, go to Genealogy .com message boards and put the names in there, It is free, and a wealth of info. Happy New Year, Lorraine
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 1, 2005
        Thank you so very much
        > Ronda, to begin, go to Genealogy .com message boards and put the names in
        > there, It is free, and a wealth of info. Happy New Year, Lorraine

      • Earl T Reed
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 1, 2005
          Ronda,
          I am interested in John Woodrow Sims. My grandmother, Lucy Shelton Hastings
          was married around 1905 +/- to Matthew Sims. Mr. Sims was probably born in
          early to mid 1880s and died around 1910 +/-. They had two boys, Henry and
          William Thomas. Henry died late 1940s, and William died in Nov 1984.
          Grandmother married my grandfather in 1912, and they had 6 children to
          survive childhood. This may be too sketchy to do any good.

          Earl Reed
          Dayton, TN
        • R Myers
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
            Earl he was my grandfather who married Vera Evelyn Sizemore.... not sure
            what year yet. Just started looking into my family and I'm green at this.

            Ronda
            > I am interested in John Woodrow Sims. My grandmother, Lucy Shelton
            > Hastings
            > was married around 1905 +/- to Matthew Sims. Mr. Sims was probably born
            > in
            > early to mid 1880s and died around 1910 +/-. They had two boys, Henry and
            > William Thomas. Henry died late 1940s, and William died in Nov 1984.
            > Grandmother married my grandfather in 1912, and they had 6 children to
            > survive childhood. This may be too sketchy to do any good.
            >
            > Earl Reed
            > Dayton, TN
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Earl T Reed
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
              Ronda,
              If you find Matthew Sims in your research, please let me know.
              reed0333@....
              Thanks,
              Earl Reed
              Dayton, TN
            • Greg Carroll
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
                Dear Regina,

                Try the website at: www.glorecords.blm.gov

                I am sure you could find out by going to the Jackson County Courthouse. I
[...]

                where it appears that Sarah J. died. The rest of the Carr family moved to
                Illinois and it appears never returned.

                Any help would be appreciated. My family page URL is
                below:

                http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/s/c/h/Robert-L-Schneider/index.ht
                ml

                Robert Schneider