Re: [jacksongenealogy] Who are you researching

  • R Myers
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2005
      Regina I have just joined and don't know how to go about locating
      information. My great grandfather was Benjamin Columbus Sizemore. My
      grandfather was John Woodrow Sims.....both on mothers side and on dad's
      side my grandfather was Fred Hutcheson. If anyone has any info on these
      names and would share with me on how to go about getting info it would
      greatly be appreciated. Thank you
      Ronda
        > Alabama Marriages, 1809-1920 (Selected Counties)
        > has 4 matches for:
        > James F Mccoy in United States
        > About this database
        > Nearly 150,000 marriage records from Alabama between 1800 and 1920 More
        > information below
        >

        > < List of Matches Next Match >
        >
        > Personal Information
        >
        > Spouse 1: James F. McCoy
        > Spouse 2: Martha Arnold
        > Marriage Date: 05 Jan 1871
        > Marriage Place: Jackson
        > Performed By: Justice of the Peace
        > Surety/Perf. Name: W. M. Mathews
        > OSPage: 948
        >
        > View printer-friendly

      • R Myers
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 1, 2005
          Thank you so very much
          > Ronda, to begin, go to Genealogy .com message boards and put the names in
          > there, It is free, and a wealth of info. Happy New Year, Lorraine

        • Earl T Reed
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 1, 2005
            Ronda,
            I am interested in John Woodrow Sims. My grandmother, Lucy Shelton Hastings
            was married around 1905 +/- to Matthew Sims. Mr. Sims was probably born in
            early to mid 1880s and died around 1910 +/-. They had two boys, Henry and
            William Thomas. Henry died late 1940s, and William died in Nov 1984.
            Grandmother married my grandfather in 1912, and they had 6 children to
            survive childhood. This may be too sketchy to do any good.

            Earl Reed
            Dayton, TN
          • R Myers
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
              Earl he was my grandfather who married Vera Evelyn Sizemore.... not sure
              what year yet. Just started looking into my family and I'm green at this.

              Ronda
              > I am interested in John Woodrow Sims. My grandmother, Lucy Shelton
              > Hastings
              > was married around 1905 +/- to Matthew Sims. Mr. Sims was probably born
              > in
              > early to mid 1880s and died around 1910 +/-. They had two boys, Henry and
              > William Thomas. Henry died late 1940s, and William died in Nov 1984.
              > Grandmother married my grandfather in 1912, and they had 6 children to
              > survive childhood. This may be too sketchy to do any good.
              >
              > Earl Reed
              > Dayton, TN
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Earl T Reed
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
                Ronda,
                If you find Matthew Sims in your research, please let me know.
                reed0333@....
                Thanks,
                Earl Reed
                Dayton, TN
              • Greg Carroll
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
                  Dear Regina,

                  Try the website at: www.glorecords.blm.gov

                  I am sure you could find out by going to the Jackson County Courthouse. I
[...]

                  where it appears that Sarah J. died. The rest of the Carr family moved to
                  Illinois and it appears never returned.

                  Any help would be appreciated. My family page URL is
                  below:

                  http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/s/c/h/Robert-L-Schneider/index.ht
                  ml

                  Robert Schneider