Re: [jacksongenealogy] Who are you researching

  • Nelda Thompson
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 30, 2004
      Thanks, I do have this info, but would love to find the date for
      marrying Elizabeth Grider.
      I do appreciate your time.
      Nelda
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 1, 2005
        Regina I have just joined and don't know how to go about locating
        information. My great grandfather was Benjamin Columbus Sizemore. My
        grandfather was John Woodrow Sims.....both on mothers side and on dad's
        side my grandfather was Fred Hutcheson. If anyone has any info on these
        names and would share with me on how to go about getting info it would
        greatly be appreciated. Thank you
        Ronda
        > Alabama Marriages, 1809-1920 (Selected Counties)
        > has 4 matches for:
        > James F Mccoy in United States
        > About this database
        > Nearly 150,000 marriage records from Alabama between 1800 and 1920 More
        > information below
        >

        > < List of Matches Next Match >
        >
        > Personal Information
        >
        > Spouse 1: James F. McCoy
        > Spouse 2: Martha Arnold
        > Marriage Date: 05 Jan 1871
        > Marriage Place: Jackson
        > Performed By: Justice of the Peace
        > Surety/Perf. Name: W. M. Mathews
        > OSPage: 948
        >
        > View printer-friendly

      • Lorraine Cooper
          > Alabama Marriages, 1809-1920 (Selected Counties)
          > has 4 matches for:
          > James F Mccoy in United States
          > About this database
          > Nearly 150,000 marriage records from Alabama between 1800 and 1920 More
          > information below
          >

          > < List of Matches Next Match >
          >
          > Personal Information
          >
          > Spouse 1: James F. McCoy
          > Spouse 2: Martha Arnold
          > Marriage Date: 05 Jan 1871
          > Marriage Place: Jackson
          > Performed By: Justice of the Peace
          > Surety/Perf. Name: W. M. Mathews
          > OSPage: 948
          >
          > View printer-friendly

        • R Myers
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 1, 2005
            Thank you so very much
            > Ronda, to begin, go to Genealogy .com message boards and put the names in
            > there, It is free, and a wealth of info. Happy New Year, Lorraine

          • Earl T Reed
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 1, 2005
              Ronda,
              I am interested in John Woodrow Sims. My grandmother, Lucy Shelton Hastings
              was married around 1905 +/- to Matthew Sims. Mr. Sims was probably born in
              early to mid 1880s and died around 1910 +/-. They had two boys, Henry and
              William Thomas. Henry died late 1940s, and William died in Nov 1984.
              Grandmother married my grandfather in 1912, and they had 6 children to
              survive childhood. This may be too sketchy to do any good.

              Earl Reed
              Dayton, TN
            • R Myers
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
                Earl he was my grandfather who married Vera Evelyn Sizemore.... not sure
                what year yet. Just started looking into my family and I'm green at this.

                Ronda
                > I am interested in John Woodrow Sims. My grandmother, Lucy Shelton
                > Hastings
                > was married around 1905 +/- to Matthew Sims. Mr. Sims was probably born
                > in
                > early to mid 1880s and died around 1910 +/-. They had two boys, Henry and
                > William Thomas. Henry died late 1940s, and William died in Nov 1984.
                > Grandmother married my grandfather in 1912, and they had 6 children to
                > survive childhood. This may be too sketchy to do any good.
                >
                > Earl Reed
                > Dayton, TN
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Earl T Reed
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
                  Ronda,
                  If you find Matthew Sims in your research, please let me know.
                  reed0333@....
                  Thanks,
                  Earl Reed
                  Dayton, TN
                • Greg Carroll
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
                    Dear Regina,

                    Try the website at: www.glorecords.blm.gov

                    I am sure you could find out by going to the Jackson County Courthouse. I
[...]

                    where it appears that Sarah J. died. The rest of the Carr family moved to
                    Illinois and it appears never returned.

                    Any help would be appreciated. My family page URL is
                    below:

                    http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/s/c/h/Robert-L-Schneider/index.ht
                    ml

                    Robert Schneider