RE: [jacksongenealogy] Who are you researching

  • Regina
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 30, 2004
      Alabama Marriages, 1809-1920 (Selected Counties)
      has 4 matches for:
      James F Mccoy in United States
      About this database
      Nearly 150,000 marriage records from Alabama between 1800 and 1920 More
      information below

      < List of Matches Next Match >

      Personal Information

      Spouse 1: James F. McCoy
      Spouse 2: Martha Arnold
      Marriage Date: 05 Jan 1871
      Marriage Place: Jackson
      Performed By: Justice of the Peace
      Surety/Perf. Name: W. M. Mathews
      OSPage: 948

      View printer-friendly

      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 30, 2004
        Thanks, I do have this info, but would love to find the date for
        marrying Elizabeth Grider.
        I do appreciate your time.
        Nelda

        --------------------~-->
        Make
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/FvNolB/TM

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Service.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Service.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • R Myers
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 1, 2005
          Regina I have just joined and don't know how to go about locating
          information. My great grandfather was Benjamin Columbus Sizemore. My
          grandfather was John Woodrow Sims.....both on mothers side and on dad's
          side my grandfather was Fred Hutcheson. If anyone has any info on these
          names and would share with me on how to go about getting info it would
          greatly be appreciated. Thank you
          Ronda
          > Alabama Marriages, 1809-1920 (Selected Counties)
          > has 4 matches for:
          > James F Mccoy in United States
          > About this database
          > Nearly 150,000 marriage records from Alabama between 1800 and 1920 More
          > information below
          >

          > < List of Matches Next Match >
          >
          > Personal Information
          >
          > Spouse 1: James F. McCoy
          > Spouse 2: Martha Arnold
          > Marriage Date: 05 Jan 1871
          > Marriage Place: Jackson
          > Performed By: Justice of the Peace
          > Surety/Perf. Name: W. M. Mathews
          > OSPage: 948
          >
          > View printer-friendly

        • Lorraine Cooper
            > Alabama Marriages, 1809-1920 (Selected Counties)
            > has 4 matches for:
            > James F Mccoy in United States
            > About this database
            > Nearly 150,000 marriage records from Alabama between 1800 and 1920 More
            > information below
            >

            > < List of Matches Next Match >
            >
            > Personal Information
            >
            > Spouse 1: James F. McCoy
            > Spouse 2: Martha Arnold
            > Marriage Date: 05 Jan 1871
            > Marriage Place: Jackson
            > Performed By: Justice of the Peace
            > Surety/Perf. Name: W. M. Mathews
            > OSPage: 948
            >
            > View printer-friendly

          • R Myers
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 1, 2005
              Thank you so very much
              > Ronda, to begin, go to Genealogy .com message boards and put the names in
              > there, It is free, and a wealth of info. Happy New Year, Lorraine

            • Earl T Reed
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 1, 2005
                Ronda,
                I am interested in John Woodrow Sims. My grandmother, Lucy Shelton Hastings
                was married around 1905 +/- to Matthew Sims. Mr. Sims was probably born in
                early to mid 1880s and died around 1910 +/-. They had two boys, Henry and
                William Thomas. Henry died late 1940s, and William died in Nov 1984.
                Grandmother married my grandfather in 1912, and they had 6 children to
                survive childhood. This may be too sketchy to do any good.

                Earl Reed
                Dayton, TN
              • R Myers
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
                  Earl he was my grandfather who married Vera Evelyn Sizemore.... not sure
                  what year yet. Just started looking into my family and I'm green at this.

                  Ronda
                  > I am interested in John Woodrow Sims. My grandmother, Lucy Shelton
                  > Hastings
                  > was married around 1905 +/- to Matthew Sims. Mr. Sims was probably born
                  > in
                  > early to mid 1880s and died around 1910 +/-. They had two boys, Henry and
                  > William Thomas. Henry died late 1940s, and William died in Nov 1984.
                  > Grandmother married my grandfather in 1912, and they had 6 children to
                  > survive childhood. This may be too sketchy to do any good.
                  >
                  > Earl Reed
                  > Dayton, TN
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Earl T Reed
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
                    Ronda,
                    If you find Matthew Sims in your research, please let me know.
                    reed0333@....
                    Thanks,
                    Earl Reed
                    Dayton, TN
                  • Greg Carroll
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
                      Dear Regina,

                      Try the website at: www.glorecords.blm.gov

                      I am sure you could find out by going to the Jackson County Courthouse. I
[...]

                      where it appears that Sarah J. died. The rest of the Carr family moved to
                      Illinois and it appears never returned.

                      Any help would be appreciated. My family page URL is
                      below:

                      http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/s/c/h/Robert-L-Schneider/index.ht
                      ml

                      Robert Schneider