Re: [jacksongenealogy] Province/Provence family and the Carr family

  • Nelda Thompson
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 30, 2004
      Regina,
      Could you tell me where to find out abt the AL Land Records?
      My husband has G.Grandparents who lived in Jackson Co.,AL.
      Thanks, any help appreciated.
      Nelda Thompson
      neldathompson@...
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 30, 2004
        I am sure you could find out by going to the Jackson County Courthouse. I
        found them on a pay site I bought.

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 30, 2004
          Thanks, hope to get to Jackson Co., this Spring.

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 30, 2004
            Who are you looking for?

[...]

            Service.

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Nelda Thompson
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 30, 2004
              James F. McCoy b. 1847 d. 1886 in Tarrant Co. TX He 1st
              married Elizabeth Grider(dau of John & Frances Grider), had a
              son A.John McCoy by her, 2nd wife was Martha Hendrix Arnold, 1st m. to John Arnold.
              Nelda

              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 30, 2004
                Alabama Marriages, 1809-1920 (Selected Counties)
                has 4 matches for:
                James F Mccoy in United States
                About this database
                Nearly 150,000 marriage records from Alabama between 1800 and 1920 More
                information below

                < List of Matches Next Match >

                Personal Information

                Spouse 1: James F. McCoy
                Spouse 2: Martha Arnold
                Marriage Date: 05 Jan 1871
                Marriage Place: Jackson
                Performed By: Justice of the Peace
                Surety/Perf. Name: W. M. Mathews
                OSPage: 948

                View printer-friendly

[...]

                --------------------~-->
                Make

                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 30, 2004
                  Thanks, I do have this info, but would love to find the date for
                  marrying Elizabeth Grider.
                  I do appreciate your time.
                  Nelda

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 1, 2005
                    Regina I have just joined and don't know how to go about locating
                    information. My great grandfather was Benjamin Columbus Sizemore. My
                    grandfather was John Woodrow Sims.....both on mothers side and on dad's
                    side my grandfather was Fred Hutcheson. If anyone has any info on these
                    names and would share with me on how to go about getting info it would
                    greatly be appreciated. Thank you
                    Ronda
                    > Alabama Marriages, 1809-1920 (Selected Counties)
                    > has 4 matches for:
                    > James F Mccoy in United States
                    > About this database
                    > Nearly 150,000 marriage records from Alabama between 1800 and 1920 More
                    > information below
                    >

                    > < List of Matches Next Match >
                    >
                    > Personal Information
                    >
                    > Spouse 1: James F. McCoy
                    > Spouse 2: Martha Arnold
                    > Marriage Date: 05 Jan 1871
                    > Marriage Place: Jackson
                    > Performed By: Justice of the Peace
                    > Surety/Perf. Name: W. M. Mathews
                    > OSPage: 948
                    >
                    > View printer-friendly

                  • Lorraine Cooper
                      > Alabama Marriages, 1809-1920 (Selected Counties)
                      > has 4 matches for:
                      > James F Mccoy in United States
                      > About this database
                      > Nearly 150,000 marriage records from Alabama between 1800 and 1920 More
                      > information below
                      >

                      > < List of Matches Next Match >
                      >
                      > Personal Information
                      >
                      > Spouse 1: James F. McCoy
                      > Spouse 2: Martha Arnold
                      > Marriage Date: 05 Jan 1871
                      > Marriage Place: Jackson
                      > Performed By: Justice of the Peace
                      > Surety/Perf. Name: W. M. Mathews
                      > OSPage: 948
                      >
                      > View printer-friendly

                    • R Myers
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 1, 2005
                        Thank you so very much
                        > Ronda, to begin, go to Genealogy .com message boards and put the names in
                        > there, It is free, and a wealth of info. Happy New Year, Lorraine

                      • Earl T Reed
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 1, 2005
                          Ronda,
                          I am interested in John Woodrow Sims. My grandmother, Lucy Shelton Hastings
                          was married around 1905 +/- to Matthew Sims. Mr. Sims was probably born in
                          early to mid 1880s and died around 1910 +/-. They had two boys, Henry and
                          William Thomas. Henry died late 1940s, and William died in Nov 1984.
                          Grandmother married my grandfather in 1912, and they had 6 children to
                          survive childhood. This may be too sketchy to do any good.

                          Earl Reed
                          Dayton, TN
                        • R Myers
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
                            Earl he was my grandfather who married Vera Evelyn Sizemore.... not sure
                            what year yet. Just started looking into my family and I'm green at this.

                            Ronda
                            > I am interested in John Woodrow Sims. My grandmother, Lucy Shelton
                            > Hastings
                            > was married around 1905 +/- to Matthew Sims. Mr. Sims was probably born
                            > in
                            > early to mid 1880s and died around 1910 +/-. They had two boys, Henry and
                            > William Thomas. Henry died late 1940s, and William died in Nov 1984.
                            > Grandmother married my grandfather in 1912, and they had 6 children to
                            > survive childhood. This may be too sketchy to do any good.
                            >
                            > Earl Reed
                            > Dayton, TN
                            >

                            > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • Earl T Reed
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
                              Ronda,
                              If you find Matthew Sims in your research, please let me know.
                              reed0333@....
                              Thanks,
                              Earl Reed
                              Dayton, TN

[...]