Province/Provence family and the Carr family

  • Robert Schneider
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 29, 2004
      Hi!

      Does anyone out there know anything about the
      Province/Provence family? My interest in this family
      grew from discovery of a marriage between Albert
      Province and a Sarah J. Carr. The marriage took place
      in February, 1853. I am very suspicious that this
      Sarah J. might have been part of my Carr family. The
      Carrs were in Jackson County from at least 1822 until
      the early 1850s when they moved to Stonefort, Saline
      County, IL. The head of this family was John Carr who
      was born in SC according to the census.

      It appears that Albert had been living in Illinois and
      had been married once before. He had children born in
      Illinois. Then he came back to Jackson County and
      married Sarah J. Interestingly, the Provinces stayed
      in Alabama where it appears that Sarah J. died. The
      rest of the Carr family moved to Illinois and it
      appears never returned.

      Any help would be appreciated. My family page URL is
      below:
      http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/s/c/h/Robert-L-Schneider/index.html

      Robert Schneider
      Berkeley Missouri 63134
    • Regina
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 30, 2004
        Is this your Albert?
        Regina

        Alabama Land Records has 1 match for:
        Albert Provence in Alabama
        About this database
        Alabama Pre-1908 Homestead and Cash Entry Patent and Cadastral Survey Plat
        Index More information below

        < List of Matches

        Personal Information

        Name: ALBERT PROVENCE
        Land Office: HUNTSVILLE
        Document Number: 30451
        Total Acres: 159.96
        Signature: Yes
        Canceled Document: No
        Issue Date: December 01, 1859
        Mineral Rights Reserved: No
        Metes and Bounds: No
        Statutory Reference: 3 Stat. 566
        Multiple Warantee Names: No
        Act or Treaty: April 24, 1820
        Multiple Patentee Names: No
        Entry Classification: Sale-Cash Entries
        Land Description: 1 SESW HUNTSVILLE No 5S 4E 15
        2 SWSE HUNTSVILLE No 5S 4E 15
        3 NWNE HUNTSVILLE No 5S 4E 15
        4 SENW HUNTSVILLE No 5S 4E 15

[...]

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/FvNolB/TM
      • Nelda Thompson
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 30, 2004
          Regina,
          Could you tell me where to find out abt the AL Land Records?
          My husband has G.Grandparents who lived in Jackson Co.,AL.
          Thanks, any help appreciated.
          Nelda Thompson
          neldathompson@...

[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Regina
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 30, 2004
            I am sure you could find out by going to the Jackson County Courthouse. I
            found them on a pay site I bought.

            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 30, 2004
              Thanks, hope to get to Jackson Co., this Spring.

              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 30, 2004
                Who are you looking for?

[...]

                Service.

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Nelda Thompson
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 30, 2004
                  James F. McCoy b. 1847 d. 1886 in Tarrant Co. TX He 1st
                  married Elizabeth Grider(dau of John & Frances Grider), had a
                  son A.John McCoy by her, 2nd wife was Martha Hendrix Arnold, 1st m. to John Arnold.
                  Nelda

                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 30, 2004
                    Alabama Marriages, 1809-1920 (Selected Counties)
                    has 4 matches for:
                    James F Mccoy in United States
                    About this database
                    Nearly 150,000 marriage records from Alabama between 1800 and 1920 More
                    information below

                    < List of Matches Next Match >

                    Personal Information

                    Spouse 1: James F. McCoy
                    Spouse 2: Martha Arnold
                    Marriage Date: 05 Jan 1871
                    Marriage Place: Jackson
                    Performed By: Justice of the Peace
                    Surety/Perf. Name: W. M. Mathews
                    OSPage: 948

                    View printer-friendly

[...]

                    --------------------~-->
                    Make

                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 30, 2004
                      Thanks, I do have this info, but would love to find the date for
                      marrying Elizabeth Grider.
                      I do appreciate your time.
                      Nelda

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 1, 2005
                        Regina I have just joined and don't know how to go about locating
                        information. My great grandfather was Benjamin Columbus Sizemore. My
                        grandfather was John Woodrow Sims.....both on mothers side and on dad's
                        side my grandfather was Fred Hutcheson. If anyone has any info on these
                        names and would share with me on how to go about getting info it would
                        greatly be appreciated. Thank you
                        Ronda
                        > Alabama Marriages, 1809-1920 (Selected Counties)
                        > has 4 matches for:
                        > James F Mccoy in United States
                        > About this database
                        > Nearly 150,000 marriage records from Alabama between 1800 and 1920 More
                        > information below
                        >

                        > < List of Matches Next Match >
                        >
                        > Personal Information
                        >
                        > Spouse 1: James F. McCoy
                        > Spouse 2: Martha Arnold
                        > Marriage Date: 05 Jan 1871
                        > Marriage Place: Jackson
                        > Performed By: Justice of the Peace
                        > Surety/Perf. Name: W. M. Mathews
                        > OSPage: 948
                        >
                        > View printer-friendly

                      • Lorraine Cooper
                          > Alabama Marriages, 1809-1920 (Selected Counties)
                          > has 4 matches for:
                          > James F Mccoy in United States
                          > About this database
                          > Nearly 150,000 marriage records from Alabama between 1800 and 1920 More
                          > information below
                          >

                          > < List of Matches Next Match >
                          >
                          > Personal Information
                          >
                          > Spouse 1: James F. McCoy
                          > Spouse 2: Martha Arnold
                          > Marriage Date: 05 Jan 1871
                          > Marriage Place: Jackson
                          > Performed By: Justice of the Peace
                          > Surety/Perf. Name: W. M. Mathews
                          > OSPage: 948
                          >
                          > View printer-friendly

                        • R Myers
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 1, 2005
                            Thank you so very much
                            > Ronda, to begin, go to Genealogy .com message boards and put the names in
                            > there, It is free, and a wealth of info. Happy New Year, Lorraine

                          • Earl T Reed
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jan 1, 2005
                              Ronda,
                              I am interested in John Woodrow Sims. My grandmother, Lucy Shelton Hastings
                              was married around 1905 +/- to Matthew Sims. Mr. Sims was probably born in
                              early to mid 1880s and died around 1910 +/-. They had two boys, Henry and
                              William Thomas. Henry died late 1940s, and William died in Nov 1984.
                              Grandmother married my grandfather in 1912, and they had 6 children to
                              survive childhood. This may be too sketchy to do any good.

                              Earl Reed
                              Dayton, TN
                            • R Myers
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
                                Earl he was my grandfather who married Vera Evelyn Sizemore.... not sure
                                what year yet. Just started looking into my family and I'm green at this.

                                Ronda
                                > I am interested in John Woodrow Sims. My grandmother, Lucy Shelton
                                > Hastings
                                > was married around 1905 +/- to Matthew Sims. Mr. Sims was probably born
                                > in
                                > early to mid 1880s and died around 1910 +/-. They had two boys, Henry and
                                > William Thomas. Henry died late 1940s, and William died in Nov 1984.
                                > Grandmother married my grandfather in 1912, and they had 6 children to
                                > survive childhood. This may be too sketchy to do any good.
                                >
                                > Earl Reed
                                > Dayton, TN
                                >

                                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                              • Earl T Reed
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jan 4, 2005
                                  Ronda,
                                  If you find Matthew Sims in your research, please let me know.
                                  reed0333@....
                                  Thanks,
                                  Earl Reed
                                  Dayton, TN

[...]