Provence/Province family and the Carr family

  • Robert Schneider
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2004
      Hi!

      Does anyone out there know anything about the
      Province/Provence family? My interest in this family
      grew from discovery of a marriage between Albert
      Province and a Sarah J. Carr. The marriage took place
      in February, 1853. I am very suspicious that this
      Sarah J. might have been part of my Carr family. The
      Carrs were in Jackson County from at least 1822 until
      the early 1850s when they moved to Stonefort, Saline
      County, IL. The head of this family was John Carr who
      was born in SC according to the census.

      It appears that Albert had been living in Illinois and
      had been married once before. He had children born in
      Illinois. Then he came back to Jackson County and
      married Sarah J. Interestingly, the Provinces stayed
      in Alabama where it appears that Sarah J. died. The
      rest of the Carr family moved to Illinois and it
      appears never returned.

      Any help would be appreciated. My family page URL is
      below:
      http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/s/c/h/Robert-L-Schneider/index.html

      Robert Schneider
      Berkeley Missouri 63134