Re: [jacksongenealogy] Solomon WININGER military records

  • Karen Groce
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 2004
      Regina, I guess I just hadn't thought about Solomon being married before, but apparently he was. In the book _Shelton, Wininger & Pace Families_ by Robert Casey, he states that Solomon W. WININGER was first married to his cousin, Martha POTTER and then second to Elizabeth "Betsy" EVANS. According to the book, Solomon and Martha had: Malinda, Samuel, Martha, Lucinda, Julia Elizabeth, and Elijah Jasper. Solomon and Elizabeth had: Solomon Jr., Susan Minerva, Frances, Jane E., and Mallissa C. I have not verified this information, so can't swear to its accuracy.

      Karen Groce
      wgroce@...

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 28, 2004
        I find many errors in CASEY'S book so that is why I was asking if anyone had
        verified or proof. CASEY did a great job with what he was given and he is
        changing some of his information as he gets it verified. I have sent him a
        few corrections myself. I also have his book.

        By getting the pension papers of Peter Holland GOLD I was able to verify
        that Peter had been married once before and that Rachael PHILLIPS was the
        mother of Peter's three oldest children. By getting Elijah P. GOLD'S
        records I found out the full name of his daughter Elijah A J GOLD. He full
        name was Elijah Annice Josephine GOLD.
        Thanks

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/FvNolB/TM