Solomon WININGER military records

  • Regina
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 2004
      Did any of you that are researching the WININGER family order Solomon
      WININGER'S Civil War records? I have the records of Elijah P. GOLD where
      Frances WININGER GOLD applied for pension and there is a Lucinda WININGER
      that signed an papers saying that she knew Elijah almost all his life and it
      gives Lucinda as half sister of Francis WININGER GOLD. Does anyone have
      PROOF who Lucinda's mother was and who Francis mother Elizabeth (last name)
      was?
      Thanks

    • Karen Groce
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 28, 2004
        Regina, I guess I just hadn't thought about Solomon being married before, but apparently he was. In the book _Shelton, Wininger & Pace Families_ by Robert Casey, he states that Solomon W. WININGER was first married to his cousin, Martha POTTER and then second to Elizabeth "Betsy" EVANS. According to the book, Solomon and Martha had: Malinda, Samuel, Martha, Lucinda, Julia Elizabeth, and Elijah Jasper. Solomon and Elizabeth had: Solomon Jr., Susan Minerva, Frances, Jane E., and Mallissa C. I have not verified this information, so can't swear to its accuracy.

        Karen Groce
        wgroce@...

        Did any of you that are researching the WININGER family order Solomon
        WININGER'S Civil War records? I have the records of Elijah P. GOLD where
        Frances WININGER GOLD applied for pension and there is a Lucinda WININGER
        that signed an papers saying that she knew Elijah almost all his life and it
        gives Lucinda as half sister of Francis WININGER GOLD. Does anyone have
        PROOF who Lucinda's mother was and who Francis mother Elizabeth (last name)
        was?
        Thanks

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Regina
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 28, 2004
          I find many errors in CASEY'S book so that is why I was asking if anyone had
          verified or proof. CASEY did a great job with what he was given and he is
          changing some of his information as he gets it verified. I have sent him a
          few corrections myself. I also have his book.

          By getting the pension papers of Peter Holland GOLD I was able to verify
          that Peter had been married once before and that Rachael PHILLIPS was the
          mother of Peter's three oldest children. By getting Elijah P. GOLD'S
          records I found out the full name of his daughter Elijah A J GOLD. He full
          name was Elijah Annice Josephine GOLD.
          Thanks

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/FvNolB/TM