beaver family

  • robert patterson
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 16, 2004
      he had 7 or 8 kids he died in jackson co. in 1875 his name was
      william beaver he was born in nc you can find him on 1870 census for
      jackson co. ala.
    • sfbeavers
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 17, 2004
        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "robert patterson"
        <roberjp@s...> wrote:

        > he had 7 or 8 kids he died in jackson co. in 1875 his name was
        > william beaver he was born in nc you can find him on 1870 census
        for
        > jackson co. ala.

        YOU STATED THAT HIS NAME WAS WILLIAM? WAS IT WILLIAM JOSEPH OR
        JOSEPH WILLIAM? ALL I HAVE IS JOSEPH BEAVERS. YES, HE WAS BORN IN
        N.C. IN MARCH OF 1853 ACCORDING TO THE INFO I RECEIVED FROM THE DEPT
        OF THE INTERIOR (IN HIS FATHER'S PENSION FILE). DO YOU BY CHANCE
        KNOW WHEN HE DIED AND WHERE HE IS BURIED? ARE YOU A DESCENDANT OR IS
        THIS A COLLATERAL LINE FOR YOU? THANKS!
      • Robert Patterson
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 17, 2004
          i dont know his middle name he was born in nc 1808 died in 1875 in jackson co. ala. he had son name william c and he was born in 1858 in tenn.

          wrote:

          > he had 7 or 8 kids he died in jackson co. in 1875 his name was
          > william beaver he was born in nc you can find him on 1870 census
          for
          > jackson co. ala.

          YOU STATED THAT HIS NAME WAS WILLIAM? WAS IT WILLIAM JOSEPH OR
          JOSEPH WILLIAM? ALL I HAVE IS JOSEPH BEAVERS. YES, HE WAS BORN IN
          N.C. IN MARCH OF 1853 ACCORDING TO THE INFO I RECEIVED FROM THE DEPT
          OF THE INTERIOR (IN HIS FATHER'S PENSION FILE). DO YOU BY CHANCE
          KNOW WHEN HE DIED AND WHERE HE IS BURIED? ARE YOU A DESCENDANT OR IS
          THIS A COLLATERAL LINE FOR YOU? THANKS!

        • princessozma
          Message 4 of 14 , May 23, 2005
            This William Beavers has the middle initial "M." Not sure what it
            stands for. He was born October 01, 1808 in Burke County, N.C. and
            died November 25, 1875 in Jackson County, Alabama. He is buried in the
            Old Taliaferro(Toliver) Cemetary Jackson County, Alabama per "Paint
            Rock Valley Pioneers" He had 10 children that I am aware of. His
            daughter, Millie Rose Beavers is my direct ancestress.

            Roni Beavers Jensen

            > YOU STATED THAT HIS NAME WAS WILLIAM? WAS IT WILLIAM JOSEPH OR
            > JOSEPH WILLIAM? ALL I HAVE IS JOSEPH BEAVERS. YES, HE WAS BORN IN
            > N.C. IN MARCH OF 1853 ACCORDING TO THE INFO I RECEIVED FROM THE DEPT
            > OF THE INTERIOR (IN HIS FATHER'S PENSION FILE). DO YOU BY CHANCE
            > KNOW WHEN HE DIED AND WHERE HE IS BURIED? ARE YOU A DESCENDANT OR IS
            > THIS A COLLATERAL LINE FOR YOU? THANKS!
          • Charles McCutchen
            Message 5 of 14 , May 24, 2005
              I have a Granville M. Beavers who. married Elizabeth Higgins McCutchen 12 Jan 1876, Marshall County, Al.

              They moved to Texas and had one son named Olin.

              princessozma <princessozma@...> wrote:
              This William Beavers has the middle initial "M." Not sure what it
              stands for. He was born October 01, 1808 in Burke County, N.C. and
              died November 25, 1875 in Jackson County, Alabama. He is buried in the
              Old Taliaferro(Toliver) Cemetary Jackson County, Alabama per "Paint
              Rock Valley Pioneers" He had 10 children that I am aware of. His
              daughter, Millie Rose Beavers is my direct ancestress.

              Roni Beavers Jensen

              > YOU STATED THAT HIS NAME WAS WILLIAM? WAS IT WILLIAM JOSEPH OR
              > JOSEPH WILLIAM? ALL I HAVE IS JOSEPH BEAVERS. YES, HE WAS BORN IN
              > N.C. IN MARCH OF 1853 ACCORDING TO THE INFO I RECEIVED FROM THE DEPT
              > OF THE INTERIOR (IN HIS FATHER'S PENSION FILE). DO YOU BY CHANCE
              > KNOW WHEN HE DIED AND WHERE HE IS BURIED? ARE YOU A DESCENDANT OR IS
              > THIS A COLLATERAL LINE FOR YOU? THANKS!

              The McCutchen Trace

              http://mccutchentrace.com

            • Joy Smith
              Message 6 of 14 , May 27, 2005
                In your Beavers info, do you have a Charlie Beavers? He would have been born early 1900's (1920-30) and died 1980's maybe at Pisgah?? Was married to Magdaline Warren of Lincoln Co TN? Thanks. JOY

                Message 7 of 14 , May 28, 2005
                  Joy,

                  I do not have a Charlie Beaver who fits that description in my line,
                  that I am aware of. However, I will keep the info in mind. Who does
                  your Charlie belong to?

                  Take care,
                  Roni Beavers Jensen
                • Joy Smith

                    Message 9 of 14 , May 30, 2005
                      Joy,

                      That is very interesting about the resemblances that you mention. My
                      ancestor was Millie Rose Beavers, daughter of William M. Beavers and
                      Amelia Becknell. Millie married Thomas Jefferson Robertson, son of
                      Warning Peter Robertson and Frances Holmes Calloway. All my Beavers
                      relatives that descended from William and Amelia Beavers are dark brown
                      to black hair, ruddy/olive skin, brown to blue eyes, and average to
                      tall height. I have several pictures of Millie and she appeared to be
                      average height with high cheekbones, darkish skintone, black hair, and
                      well, I could never tell the eye color.

                      Are you familiar with any Robertsons from Jackson County?

                      Roni Beavers Jensen

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 8, 2005
                        Don't think I know any Robertson's. Sorry.
                        One of the Beavers' I'm sure was related to my Unc Charlie was dark hair/dark eyes, but his son (who could pass for a twin to my Unc's son) had the red hair, blue eyes and large honker. JOY
[...]

                      • Jennifer Robertson Goodman Murray
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 5, 2006
                          Hi, Roni,
                          I am new to this group and notice you were asking about Robertson's
                          from Jackson County. I lived in Paint Rock Valley in Jackson County
                          until the 5th grade, when we moved to Huntsville in Madison County.
                          My maiden name is Robertson. My father is a Robertson and my mother
                          is a Fowler. I have just recently started filling out some software
                          for my family tree so I do not have a lot of information completed
                          yet...but would love more info. :-)

                          Thanks,
                          Jennifer Robertson Goodman Murray

                          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "princessozma"

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 5, 2006
                            Oops...let me try that again...
                            My father is a Robertson...HIS mother was a fowler. :-)
                            Love this group by the way.

                            --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer Robertson Goodman
                            Murray" <Sgirl0629@...> wrote:

                            > Hi, Roni,
                            > I am new to this group and notice you were asking about Robertson's
                            > from Jackson County. I lived in Paint Rock Valley in Jackson
                            County
                            > until the 5th grade, when we moved to Huntsville in Madison
                            County.
                            > My maiden name is Robertson. My father is a Robertson and my
                            mother
                            > is a Fowler. I have just recently started filling out some
                            software
                            > for my family tree so I do not have a lot of information completed
                            > yet...but would love more info. :-)
                            >
                            > Thanks,
                            > Jennifer Robertson Goodman Murray
                            >

                            > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "princessozma"
                            > <princessozma@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Joy,
                            > >
                            > > That is very interesting about the resemblances that you
                            mention.
                            > My
                            > > ancestor was Millie Rose Beavers, daughter of William M. Beavers
                            > and
                            > > Amelia Becknell. Millie married Thomas Jefferson Robertson, son
                            of
                            > > Warning Peter Robertson and Frances Holmes Calloway. All my
                            Beavers
                            > > relatives that descended from William and Amelia Beavers are dark
                            > brown
                            > > to black hair, ruddy/olive skin, brown to blue eyes, and average
                            > > tall height. I have several pictures of Millie and she appeared
                            > be
                            > > average height with high cheekbones, darkish skintone, black
                            hair,
                            > and
                            > > well, I could never tell the eye color.
                            > >
                            > > Are you familiar with any Robertsons from Jackson County?
                            > >
                            > > Roni Beavers Jensen
                            > >
                            > > ---- I do know he is related to the Jackson Co Beavers b/c of the
                            > > undeniable family resemblance (chestnut to red hair, very large
                            > nose,
                            > > small stature). Would just like more info on him to add to my
                            > tree. JOY

                          • princessozma
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 5, 2006
                              Jennifer,

                              I have both Robertsons and Beavers and Fowlers in my line. My
                              gggrandmother Millie Rose Beavers had a daughter named Della Robertson
                              (although properly she was a Beavers) who married an Ulysses Sherman
                              Fowler. Do these names ring a bell at all? I would love to compare
                              notes. Please feel free to email me personally. There were several
                              different Robertson families in the area, I believe.

                              Roni Beavers Jensen
                            • Charles McCutchen