New member/GRAVES/ADKINSON

  • deeno
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2000
      Hello,

      I am new to your list. I searching for my husbands family. Elijah Graves b
      1813 in TN. He was in Jackson Co AL by at least 1837.

      1840 Census
      Elijah Graves 20/30
      one male <5
      one female 15/20

      On the 1850 census District #19:
      Elijah age 38 TN farmer
      Mary 23 TN
      John 7 AL
      Silas 5 AL
      Standeford 13 AL
      Frances(f) 9 AL
      Robert 3 AL
      Rebecca 0/12 AL

      1860 census Div #1 Stevenson P.O.
      Elijah 47
      Mary A. 33
      John 16
      Silas 14
      Rebecca A. 10
      Samuel M. 7 AL
      Sarah 5 AL
      Henry H. 1 AL

      1870 census Stevenson P. O.
      No Elijah
      Mary 43
      Silas 22
      Rebecca 19
      Jos. L. Adkinson age 5 AL

      1870 John R. Graves b 1844 was in AR and married to Martha Jane Hammon from
      DeKalb Co AL

      1880 John R. Graves was in Palo Pinto Co TX. Also there were his siblings,
      Silas, Samuel, Sarah and Henry.

      I also found in Vol 19 of the Alabama Records, Jackson Co:

      "JOSEPH DUDLEY deceased. Deed/GEORGE S. JOHNSON and wife, CYNTHIA JOHNSON,
      of Titus County, Texas, power of attorney to ANDREW ROGERS to collect from
      estate of said deceased. ELIJAH GRAVES, admr. JOSEPH DUDLEY died in
      Jackson County, Alabama leaving a will naming three heirs, of whom CYNTHIA
      BARRIER was one heir. 20 September 1847. WILLIAM B. TAYLOR and wife, SARAH
      M. TAYLOR, also of Titus County, Texas make power of attorney to same. 15
      Sept 1847."

      I do not know who the 5 yr old Jos Adkinson was or the Joseph Dudley that
      Elijah was the admr. for his estate.

      I would love to find someone else searching for this Graves family or
      anything that anybody would know abt them.

      Thank you,

      Rayedene