William Warren

  • nancyjamesdc@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
      I am looking for information on William Warren, born approximately 1835. He was in Jackson County in the 1860 census with wife Sarah Jane Dugger (born November 1837) and 8 month old daughter, Julia. Julia did not survive but date of her death is unknown.

      In 1870 Census William and family were in Etowah County, Alabama and in St. Clair County, Alabama by the 1880 census.

      William and Sarah were married in 1857, possibly in Jackson County. William was a Captain in the Confederate Infantry and he likely joined while in Jackson County but I cannot find his record. Sarah was living with a son in Eastland County, Texas in 1912 when she filed for his Confederate pension.

      If anyone has any information on this branch of the Warren family I would appreciate any lead on them or how to find information on their parents. I cannot get beyond William Warren and Sarah Jane Dugger. They were both born in Georgia as were their parents. Thanks.

      Nancy Warren James

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
        Nancy

        Sarah Jane Dugger's parents are listed on the Jackson Co. AL 1860 Census House 931 Family 932 Julius 45 and Pricie 44 Dugger both b. TN, they are a few houses away from William and Sarah Jane. They are listed with Sarah J. on the 1850 Census in West Chickamauga, Walker Co. GA as Julus and Prcecy. There is a J.L. Dugger listed on the 1840 Dist 956 Walker Co. GA that probably is them.

        Clay Gullatt
        Mt. Airy NC

      • nancyjamesdc@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
          Thank you! As you can likely tell, this is my first attempt and I have much to learn about how to look. I appreciate the information. Nancy

          Nancy

          Sarah Jane Dugger's parents are listed on the Jackson Co. AL 1860 Census House 931 Family 932 Julius 45 and Pricie 44 Dugger both b. TN, they are a few houses away from William and Sarah Jane. They are listed with Sarah J. on the 1850 Census in West Chickamauga, Walker Co. GA as Julus and Prcecy. There is a J.L. Dugger listed on the 1840 Dist 956 Walker Co. GA that probably is them.

          Clay Gullatt
          Mt. Airy NC

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Get unlimited calls to
          U.S./Canada

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

        • Joy Smith
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2004
            Nancy,
            Try Lincoln County, Tennessee. There are beaucoup Warren's there, and many Lincoln Countians ended up in Jackson Co, Al and some on to Texas. Wish my sis's 'puter was up & running, she's sort of a Warren "genius", as she's researched high & low.
            If you'll go to TnGenWeb, click on Lincoln County, I think you'll also find a link to George Waller's site. His mother, my cousin, Jane Warren Waller, published the Lincoln Co Pioneers magazine up until her death, and his site has a lot of info. Happy hunting.
            There are still a few Warren families around Stevenson & Bridgeport, Alabama, as well as the Skyline, Al area - all within 1 hr or so of Lincoln Co. Joy