Re: [jacksongenealogy] Civil War chat tonight!!!

  • KLinge6131@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 2000
      I would be interested in listening to the Jackson Co. Civil war chats. I had
      several ancestors in it. Please give instructions. Thank you, K. Lingenfelter
    • Jean Brandau
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 18, 2000
        K.:

        It's not just Jackson Co.....it's any place; just CIVIL WAR:

        Here you go!

        To chat:
        1. Go to http://huntsville.about.com/mpchat.htm
        2. Click onto "log onto chat"
        3. Enter a nickname (do NOT put a password)
        4. Scroll down to "ok, connect!"--click it.
        5. Wait for screen to clear and you're in the chat room.

        Top Ten Hints to Successful Chatting:
        1. Mark your calendar and day-timers with the time of the chats you don't
        want to miss.
        2. Bookmark the URL of the chats: http://huntsville.about.com/mpchat.htm
        3. Once you're in the chat, to get rid of ads: click the "float" button in
        the upper right hand side. Then enlarge that window for full view.
        4. To enlarge your font size, type: *chat fontsize 16
        5. Come on time--early even for the bigger chats. Stay for the whole
        chat so you don't miss YOUR cousins.
        6. Come prepared: bring your genealogy files/printouts of tree/resource
        books/CD's/maps.
        7. Come not only to find your cousins, but to help others!
        8. If you get "bumped off" during chat--try to log back on. You may have
        to enter a different nickname. Please be patience, we're using computers!
        9. Greet people when you enter the room; say "good-bye" when
        you have to leave. Allow time for people to respond BEFORE you go--they may
        have a special message or info for you.
        10. Have fun
        Weekly Special CHATS:
        Chats last 2 hours (times stated are Eastern--
        subtract an hr for Central,2 hrs for Mt., 3 hrs for Pacific)
        Monday: ALABAMA chat, 10 pm Eastern
        Tuesday: all day until 10 pm Eastern--"open" genealogy chat
        Wednesday: RICHARDSON family chat, 9 pm Eastern
        Thursday: Southern States chat, 9 pm Eastern
        Friday: Native American chat, 10 pm Eastern
        Saturday: Alabama chat, 4 pm Eastern
        Saturday: African American chat, 6:30 pm Eastern
        Saturday: Civil War chat, 9 pm Eastern
        Sunday: SELF family chat, 4 pm Eastern
        Sunday: SANDERS family chat, 6:30 pm Eastern
        Sunday: EVANS family chat, 10 pm Eastern
        Daily Lunch Time "open" Genealogy chat, 1 pm Eastern

        Jean Brandau
        About.com guide to Huntsville AL
        http://huntsville.about.com
        email: huntsville.guide@...