Re: [jacksongenealogy] K. Edwards

  • Joy Smith
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 26, 2004
      Kathy,
      Was reminded that I put personal info on site - oops. I well remember the "big twins". The preemie is my grandson, born to my daughter. It's been a long haul, but he's 5 1/2 mos old now and about the size of a newborn. Active and very nosy, too.
      My "back" turned out to be a strep infection in the hip joint (had it once a year ago in the knee). They are spontaneous. Anyhoo, it put me in Erlanger from Sept 28 to Oct 7 for opening, washing etc of the hip joint, and in Sisken from Oct 7 to Oct 20. I'm home now, up and on a walker (for Pete's sake) and starting outpatient rehab next week.
      For anyone reading this, there is a message here. The M.D.'s think I suffer from a genetic disorder called Familial Mediteranean Fever, passed down thru the family from long ago. Found clues to it thru genealogy research. So, if anyone suffers from sudden fevers, abdominal or joint pain, that completely debilitates you for several days, then is gone as soon as it occurs, you might look into your family history and FMF. Joy