William Claude Cordell

  • LCordell@texoma-ok.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2000
      I'm looking for fairly recent information. My husband's grandfather
      was William Claude Cordell, born Dec. 27, 1891 in Sequatchie Co. TN
      and died on Jan. 12, 1949 at the Veteran's Hospital at Nashville, TN.
      He lived in Bridgeport with his second wife, Estelle, and owned a
      shoe repair shop. His funeral services were held at the American
      Legion Home Post 161. I'm unsure where this Am. Legion Post is but
      would think it's in Jackson Co., probably in Bridgeport, as the
      Rudder Funeral Home in Stevenson was in charge of the services. He
      was buried near Jasper, TN.
      So....I'm looking for help with the address of American Legion Post
      161; any info on a shoe repair shop in Bridgeport in the 1940's,
      pictures would be wonderful; the maiden name of Estelle J. Cordell,
      etc.

      All help greatly appreciated,
      Lyn Cordell