RE: [jacksongenealogy] BLANCETS and NORMANS, and LEDBETTERS

  • kathy edwards
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2004
      I am almost sure I have paperwork from/to Blancetts. I will type what it
      says but it's in rough shape. On the folded part it says Wm Blancett & wife
      to Deed Pleasant Ledbetter
      Registered in Deed Book ?A or J ??? page 274 and 275
      File Fees $0.85 Rec'd 56 cents
      On other side:
      State of Alabama This day personally appeared before me
      Jackson County Joshua Wann a Justice of the peace
      in and for the County of State aforesaid William Blancett and
      Elizabeth Blancet his wife who acknowledged that they
      signed sealed and delivered the within deed to Pleasant
      Ledbetter on the day of its date thereof & for the purpose
      therein expressed and the said Elizabeth Blancett have ??
      by me examined seperate and a part from him said husband
      acknowledged that she signed sealed and delivered the same
      freely as his own deed and act with out any fears threat
      or compulsion on the part of her said husbandWilliam
      Blancett given under my hand and seal this
      16 day of Dec. 1836 Joshua Wann

      At bottom:
      I Moses? Jones? Clerk of the County Court of Jackson
      County Ala do certify that the within Deed was filed
      in my office for registration on the ninth day of January
      AD 1837 and was this day duly registered & compaired
      in Deed Book J page 274 ?? January the 14th
      1837 Test Moses Jones Clk cc ??

      Inside it said:::::It was a very large page when unfolded.
      This Indenture, made this 16 day day of December one thousand eight
      hundred
      and thirty six between William Blancet and Elizabeth Blancet his wife
      of the county of Jackson------in the State of Alabama-----of the one part,
      and
      Pleasant Ledbetter of the County and State aforesaid of the other part--
      WITNESSETH; That the said William and Elizabeth Blancet---------
      for and in consideration of the sum of Two Hundred and
      Fifty-----------dollars to
      them in hand paid, the receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged, have this
      day, given, granted, bargained, sold, aliened, enfeoffed, released and
      conveyed, and by these presents to give, grant bargain, sell, alien enfeoff,
      release and convey to the said Pleasant Ledbetter---ALL that certain trace
      in parcel of Land lying and being in the County of Jackson and State of
      Alabama, known and distinguished as part of Section 12 Township 3 Range 7
      East and bounded as follows VIZ beginning at (6) SW corner of Ledbetters
      Earles tract run 56 3/4 E 43 3/4 runs to (E) a stake thence NSSE 71 Rods to
      (H) a stake in the River from which N87*E 43 Rods to (D??) a stake, thence
      S88W 107 Rods to the beginning - containing Seventy four acres and 25/100
      more or less.

      TO HAVE AND TO HOLD, the above described Tract in parcel of land with the
      tenenents and appurtenances thereunto belonging or in any wise appertaining,
      unto the said Pleasant Ledbetter his heirs and assigns forever.-- And the
      said William and Elizabeth Blancet -- for themselves their heirs, executors
      and administrators do warrant and will forever defend the title to the above
      described and hereby granted premises unto the said Pleasant Ledbetter his
      --- heirs and assigns from and against themselves--and all and every person
      or persons claiming or holding under them the said William and Elizabeth
      Blancett and also against the lawful title, claim or demand, of all and
      every person or persons whomsoever.

      IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, the said Wililiam and Elizabeth Blancet have hereunto
      set their hands and seals the day and year above written.

      Signed, sealed and delivered
      in the presence of
      Joshua Wann J.P. his
      William
      Blancet

      mark

      her

      Elizabeth X Blancet

      mark

      I hope this helps. The paper is in pretty good shape. I have another deed
      on 12th day of Nov 1845 from Berry Ledbetter to Pleasant Ledbetter Deed Book
      Q page 290 with no mention of Blancetts but they may have been kin. This is
      in great shape. I have another not in very good shape at all E. Earles
      and P. Ledbetters Plat Certificates Recorded in Book H, Pages 182-18313th
      Sept. 1834. Hope this helps someone. Kathy

      >From: <nblanset@...>
      >To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [jacksongenealogy] BLANCETS and NORMANS
      >Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 19:14:25 -0500
      >

      >Hello List members:
      >
      >I am trying to determine if there were any BLANCETT or NORMAN families in
      >Jackson county Alabama around 1820 to 1850.
      >
      >Norman Thomas BLANSETT
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • kathy edwards
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2005