Re: [jacksongenealogy] Cavin/Matthews/Davis/Lee

  • caroledavis3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 7, 2004
      WAs your ggrandfather George Lee or William Allen Davis? If it is George I
      think you are actually tracking the Sanders family of Jackson Co Ala. Phoebe
      Sanders Lee had 3 children. Debbie -who married a Fowler and had 9 children
      and the other child was George by her first husband. Mary Angeline had 5
      children while living at the Mud Creek community of Jackson Co Ala. Laurah
      Pencenia Davis born 5Aug 1880, Ada Emaline Davis born 28 Dec. 1881, Martha Davis
      birth date unknown - she died young from salivation caused by taking calomel
      medicine and she died unmarried , Thomas Allen Davis born 1 Nov. 1889. and
      Lemuel Richard Davis born 22 Jan 1897.
      William Allen Davis married Angie Cavin and they had 4 children. Louis
      Claiborne ( Bud ) Lee was the fourth son of Mary Elizabeth Davis Lee. and a half
      brother of John Henry Davis, Martin VAn Buren Davis , William Allen Davis and
      Hattie Lee. Louis married Lyda Strange at 'Albertsville Alabama in 1892. They
      had a total of 10 children.
      Now before I completely confuse you let's back up. Mary Lou Lee was born in
      Penn on 19 Jan 1807 and married Louis Davis around 1835. She and Louis had
      two daughters - Mary Elizabeth born on 15 May 1839 in Penn and Nancy born in
      1841. They moved to Tenn around 1847. Nancy (Nannie) was married to James (Jim)
      Lee on 25 Dec 1862 Winnchester Franklin Co Tenn. by E. H. Poe Justice of the
      Peace. Nancy and James Lee were cousins and had one daughter - Hattie Lee
      born about 1860 in Tenn. Mary Elizabeth married William Allen Davis in Tenn in
      1858/1859 and they had 3 children. John Henry, Martin VAnBuren and William
      Allen Jr.
      Nancy took sick during the war and died. Before she died she asked her
      sister to take her daughter Hattie and raise her and then marry her husband James
      Lee. James Lee and Nancy were married around 1864 and from this marriage came
      Louis Claiborne Lee.

      There are 2 James Lee. One who married first Nancy Lee and then her sister
      Mary Elizsabeth. The other James Lee was in Marion Co Tex and my father in law
      knew him personally.
      I have just a lot of stuff to copy and send to you. We are going out of
      town this week end so it will be next week before I can get it all copied. There
      are probably 25 to 35 pages to send to you. I will copy some of these
      letters that Louie Davis first wrote to the Alabama cousins back in the
      1970's. There is a lot of talk about these Lee's being kin to Robert E Lee but so
      far this has not been proven. We have a cousin Terry Lee that is also on the
      Jackson Co email list and he has done a lot of research on this line and so
      far there is no proof that they are any kin to RE Lee. Of course everyone in
      the South wants to be kin to him.. Louie started doing his research way
      before it was popular. You couldn't even zerox anything when he started. So
      remember it is always good to compare notes and research it for yourself. I'm
      sorry to say that I haven't done very much with this line. That is my goal for
      the year to start on this line and see what else I can find. TTYL CArole

    • caroledavis3@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 7, 2004
        Who is your ggrandfather? I can look it up on all of this info and send it
        on to you. I did look all of this up for you and it is Cavin not Calvin. I
        guess I either thought there was a mistake or I just copied it wrong. Carole

      • treinfelder@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 8, 2004
          If you are tracking George Lee, I believe you are related to my family. I have information on a George Lee and a Pheba Sanders of Jackson County.

          I'd love to share information with you if this is the side you are interested in.

          Toni

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

        • caroledavis3@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 8, 2004
            Phoebe Sanders Lee was my husband's grandmother - ever how many greats she
            is. He is from her daughter Mary Angeline Lee. I would love to share info.
            Thanks Carole Davis

          • treinfelder@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 8, 2004
              Carole,

              Please e-mail me at treinfelder@... and we can share information.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Select Your State:AlabamaAlaskaArkansasArizonaCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMissippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew MexicoNew JerseyNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOklahomaOhioOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWashington D.C.West VirginiaWisconsinWyoming

              PurchaseRefinance

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              To visit your group on the web, go to:

            • Sam McDowell
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 8, 2004
                Yes, my gggrandfather was George J Lee married to
                Nancy J Higginbotham. Thank you for the information.
                Phobe Lee had Deborah Emaline, Mary Angeline, Malinda,
                Samuel,and George J Lee.
                I found a Malinda married to Levi Mashborne, which I
                believe is Phobe's daughter. Some of the information
                seems to fit anyway. Also found Mary Davis in The
                1880 census with Pheba living with her.

                1880 census, Jackson Co, Trenton
                Levi Mashborne, head, 30, farmer, b. Tn Tn Tn
                Malinda, wife, 35, Al Tn Al
                James A, son, 12, Al
                Levi N,son, 10, al
                Mary E, dau, 8, Al
                William, son, 6, Al
                Pheba E, dau, 2, Al
                Margaret, dau, 1/12, May 1880

                1880 Census, Jackson Co Trenton
                Martin Davis, head, 18, farmer Tn Tn Tn
                Mary, wife, 23, Al, SC, NC
                Pheba Lee, mother in law, widow, NC NC NC

                I have corresponded with Terry Lee, he has been a gret
                help to me.

                Thanks again for the children of Mary and Martin
                Davis.

                Sam

                http://vote.yahoo.com