Re: [jacksongenealogy] FARMER and WOODS family in Jackson Co. AL

  • James and Barbara Dooley
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26 11:01 AM
      Karen, since you are researching AL Farmers, could you please tell me if
      you have run across these names?

      1860 Floyd Co., GA, Census

      Barkers Dist. 14 Jul 1860 P. 248, F. 793 and 805 4 families down from
      Martin Bobo
      Farmer, John 61 Farmer
      $650 $200 SC
      Amy 65
      Domestic GA
      James 17
      Orphan AL
      Clarissa 10
      Orphan AL
      White, Pleasant 30 Labourer
      GA
      Reynolds, Berry 59 Labourer
      NC

      I'm trying to find out whether or not John and Amy might be the parents of
      my husband's gt.gt.grandmother, Clarissa Farmer, who married Wiley
      Bobo. Clarissa was born in 1826 and died after 1885. Clarissa and Wiley
      always lived in GA, but the fact that James and Clarissa (in the census)
      were born in AL, made me start searching AL Farmers. I thought John and
      Amy might have had a son who lived in AL and was the father of James and
      Clarissa. Of course, I have no idea which county in AL.

      Thanks,
      Barbara Wilson Dooley