ISBELL in Jackson Co. AL

  • Karen Groce
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 10, 2004
      That's okay, Onie, I can understand about not being able to find anything after a move. It's lots of fun making discoveries every day for a while.

      These ISBELLs are a fun family to work on. They were very prolific; there seems to be a lot of ministers in the family, and they lived all over Jackson County. Also if I'm not able to help you, you should contact Ray ISBELL isbell2@... - he has a world of info on the ISBELL family and probably has info about yours.

      Karen Groce
      wgroce@...

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 10, 2004
        ISBELLS

        Some of you who work on the Isbell family, I have a challenge for you.

        Help me find the ancestors of my GGG grandmother Luvina Isbell. She was the
        wife of Walker Mathis (Mathews) of Big Coon. I believe her full name was Mary
        Luvina Isbell and I beleive she had a connect to Levi Isbell. The Mathews and
        Isbells (Levi) bought adjoining land in Big Coon around 1830.

        Thanks,

        Richard

        Quoting Karen Groce <wgroce@...>:

        > That's okay, Onie, I can understand about not being able to find
        > anything after a move. It's lots of fun making discoveries every day
        > for a while.
        >
        > These ISBELLs are a fun family to work on. They were very prolific;
        > there seems to be a lot of ministers in the family, and they lived all
        > over Jackson County. Also if I'm not able to help you, you should
        > contact Ray ISBELL isbell2@... - he has a world of info on the
        > ISBELL family and probably has info about yours.
        >
        > Karen Groce
        > wgroce@...
      • Karen Groce
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 10, 2004
          Richard, the only Lavina ISBELL I have in my database is the one who was daughter of John William and Sarah (Roden) ISBELL. John could have been naming his daughter after a sister, but I don't see a sib with that name. There are some gaps in the birth years of the children I have for William Zachariah ISBELL though, so she could belong to his family. When was your Luvina ISBELL born?

          In case you haven't noticed before, the name Lavina is sometimes shown as Melvina in the ISBELL records. I don't know why though.

          Karen
          wgroce@...

          Quoting Karen Groce <wgroce@...>:

          > That's okay, Onie, I can understand about not being able to find
          > anything after a move. It's lots of fun making discoveries every day
          > for a while.
          >
          > These ISBELLs are a fun family to work on. They were very prolific;
          > there seems to be a lot of ministers in the family, and they lived all
          > over Jackson County. Also if I'm not able to help you, you should
          > contact Ray ISBELL isbell2@... - he has a world of info on the
          > ISBELL family and probably has info about yours.
          >
          > Karen Groce
          > wgroce@...

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Matthews Joyce

            Quoting Karen Groce <wgroce@...>:

            > That's okay, Onie, I can understand about not being able to find
            > anything after a move. It's lots of fun making discoveries every day
            > for a while.
            >
            > These ISBELLs are a fun family to work on. They were very prolific;
            > there seems to be a lot of ministers in the family, and they lived all
            > over Jackson County. Also if I'm not able to help you, you should
            > contact Ray ISBELL isbell2@... - he has a world of info on the
            > ISBELL family and probably has info about yours.
            >
            > Karen Groce
            > wgroce@...

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT