RE: {not a subscriber} Back on line after Francis

  • Myra Chambers
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2004
      Hi, Mary,

      Welcome back! We are so happy you didn't sustain more serious damages.
      Our thoughts and prayers have been with all you Floridians. My husband and
      I were in Lakeland, FL in May for a military reunion. We had a wonderful
      time there.

      My husband has undergone two knee replacements in the past month, so I know
      what you are going through. We also lost two houses, a boat and a pickup
      in hurricane Carla in 1961. Even after all these years, the memories are
      still very vivid.

      God bless you,

      Myra Chambers
      USGenWeb Census Project
      www.us-census.org
      State Coordinator
      Alabama
      Arkansas
      Missouri
      South Carolina
      Tennessee

      <Carter-DNA-L@...>; <ALMADISO-L@...>;
      <ALJACKSO-L@...>; Bill Spalding <wincy@...>; Dave & Joan
      Plowden <dandjplowden@...>; Liz O'Neal <elizabeth9@...>;
      Koellner, Laurette T <laurette.t.koellner@...>;
      <jim-shirleyanderson@...>; Betty & Henry Hopkins <shuttlehop@...>;
      Ann Herndon <pearlh@...>; J Griffin <jg1435@...>; JACK GREEN
      <Jackgreenz@...>; Paula and John Gallagher <joma@...>; Joe
      Couch <JUCouch@...>; Ted Carter <tedscarter@...>; Doug &
      Carolyn Carter <wcarter2@...>; Molly Carter Calhoun
      <mollyandjerry@...>; Jackie Busch <MindMentor@...>; Judee Boland
      <boland@...>; Brian Anderson\(home\) <briananderson@...>;
      Matt&Joan Amato <mamato@...>
      > Date: 9/9/2004 8:38:52 AM
      > Subject: {not a subscriber} Back on line after Francis
      >
      > Hello friends,
      > Am back on line after Hur. Francis. We got power and phone back
      yesterday. Had no bad damage--lost more shingles--there isn't an available
      roofer in Florida. Waited for insurance adjuster after Charley--he didn't
      show; now waiting again. Fema told us to talk to them after insurance; then
      denied our claim because we didn't talk to insurance. Ain't gov't
      wonderful! Don't know whethher or not roof is leaking. We have much
      insulation, so if it is won't know it for awhile. Husband had 2 knee
      surgeries recently, so he cannot get on roof to see. We found a generator
      the night before we got power back. We are battening down again for Ivan.

    • vrgfdonna@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2004
        Myra,
        My husband and I have Carla memories, also. I was pregnant and very close
        to delivery. We lived in Ingleside, Tx., and we drove to Austin to be with my
        parents. We were very lucky as far as our home and boat were concerned.
        But we even had high winds in Austin. Our son, Mike, was born 11 days later.
        Velma