RE: [jacksongenealogy] MEMBER

  • kathy edwards
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 7, 2004
      Hi,
      Yes it would,
      Who are you searching for??

      >From: "nelda19372004" <nelda19372004@...>
      >To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [jacksongenealogy] MEMBER
      >Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 00:01:38 -0000
      >
      >I had thought I had signed up to be a member of this site. However,
      >when I was checking the T's, I did not see my name or e-mail address.
      >Could someone in charge add my name, Nelda Thompson Colleyville, TX,
      >and e-mail address of: neldathompson@...
      >
      >Thanks,
      >Nelda
      >
      >P.S. Wouldn't it be nice to add under our names, which Surname we
      >are searching?

    • kathy edwards
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 7, 2004
        I know some Graham's, Cresswells (on sand mt. in jc AL) Padgetts and I am
        looking for info on Hunters.

        >From: vrgfdonna@...
        >To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] MEMBER
        >Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:29:13 EDT
        >
        >By the way, I'm researching the following families in Jackson Co., Al.:
        >
        >GRAHAM
        >HUNTER
        >EUSTACE
        >CRESSWELL
        >PADGETT
        >BRIDGES
        >
        >Velma

      • kathy edwards
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 7, 2004
          There are a lot of McCoys in Stevenson. Don't know if they are into
          geneaology.

          >From: "Nelda Thompson" <neldathompson@...>
          >To: <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] MEMBER
          >Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 19:48:53 -0500
          >
          >Thanks for the welcome. I had thought myself a member, but when I checked
          >the
          >T's under member e-mail addresses, I wasn't there. Perhaps that must be
          >done
          >seperately? I am working on the James F. McCoy family, my husbands G.
          >grandfather, & Martha Hendricks Arnold McCoy. Her 1st husband was John
          >Arnold.
          >She & James m. 1871 Jackson Co.
          >Nelda

        • kathy edwards
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 7, 2004
            Nelda,
            Where did Mark find the list of people who are in the group??
            I havent seen it.

            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 7, 2004
              kathy edwards wrote:
              > Nelda,
              > Where did Mark find the list of people who are in the group??
              > I havent seen it.

              I'm not Nelda, but I'll take a crack at it. :-)

              Go to the web site for the group at:

              If you're not automatically logged in, you'll need to log in with your
              UserID and password. On the left of the main screen is a menu. Towards
              the bottom of the menu is "Members". Click that and the members list will
              appear. It's not all that useful, however, since most people have their
              email address masked (private) and may also have their names hidden to
              reduce the incidence of spamming.

              Hope that helps.

            • vrgfdonna@aol.com
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 7, 2004
                In a message dated 9/7/2004 8:20:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
                kated35765@... writes:

                I know some Graham's, Cresswells (on sand mt. in jc AL) Padgetts and I am
                looking for info on Hunters.

                ----------------

                Really? I am needing HUNTER info, too. Who were your HUNTERS?
                I think my GRAHAMS lived at Holly Tree, but I'm not sure if all of them did.
                I have forgotten where Sand Mt. is. Isn't it quite a way from Holly Tree
                and Princeton?
                Which GRAHAMS, CRESSWELLS and PADGETTS do you know?
                Velma

              • kathy edwards
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 8, 2004
                  Thanks Mark

                  >From: "Mark Klan" <msk@...>
                  >To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] MEMBER
                  >Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:01:45 -0400
                  >
                  >kathy edwards wrote:
                  > > Nelda,
                  > > Where did Mark find the list of people who are in the group??
                  > > I havent seen it.
                  >
                  >I'm not Nelda, but I'll take a crack at it. :-)
                  >
                  >Go to the web site for the group at:
                  >
                  >If you're not automatically logged in, you'll need to log in with your
                  >UserID and password. On the left of the main screen is a menu. Towards
                  >the bottom of the menu is "Members". Click that and the members list will
                  >appear. It's not all that useful, however, since most people have their
                  >email address masked (private) and may also have their names hidden to
                  >reduce the incidence of spamming.
                  >
                  >Hope that helps.
                  >
                  >Mark
                  >http://www.markklan.com (Acoustic Music Webtools)
                  >msk@...
                  >msk@...

                • kathy edwards
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 8, 2004
                    Velma,
                    My Hunters were Corp. Charles McGill Hunter, b. 1830 PN, Dad PN,Mom PN,
                    who md Margaret Jane Campbell PN, PN, NY, People listed with him in 1900
                    were Charles Jr. 1870 TN PN PN, Eliza 1868 Jr. wife b. 1868 AL AL AL, and
                    the grandkids I guess Sammie, Wm. C., Earnest. Charles McGill had a dau.
                    Hattie b. 1861 accd to 1880 census. She md James Gentry. Virginia Aurille
                    "Jennie" b. 1869 md. George Henry Bean. Charles Jr. b. 1871, Malvie?? b,
                    1873 and James b. 1877 in AL. So they must have moved from Frankilin Co.,
                    tN about 1875. In 1880 Census it shows Charles McGill Hunter and his wife to
                    be born in TN, so is it PN or TN??? I always heard it to be Meadville,
                    Crawford Co., Pennsylvania. Are we connected. What part of th country are
                    you looking for Hunters in? I know Virginia Aurille "Jennie" had two
                    brothers that left for TX about 1930. This is my great grandmother. My
                    grandmother who died a few years ago at 94 remembers them and before she got
                    to meet and visit with some of their kin a few years before she died. All
                    her mothers people moved to TX in early 1900's. I think to Blue Ridge TX.
                    Their names were Pat and James (Jim). There was a Sam Hunter who lived at
                    Hytop and he taught school and I think carried the mail?? not sure. He is
                    buried around here. My mom knows where. Do you see any connection.
                    Tell me about your Hunters, I have lots more listed.

                    >From: vrgfdonna@...
                    >To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] MEMBER
                    >Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 23:04:59 EDT
                    >

                    >In a message dated 9/7/2004 8:20:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
                    >kated35765@... writes:
                    >
                    >I know some Graham's, Cresswells (on sand mt. in jc AL) Padgetts and I am
                    >looking for info on Hunters.
                    >

                    >----------------
                    >

                    >Really? I am needing HUNTER info, too. Who were your HUNTERS?
                    >I think my GRAHAMS lived at Holly Tree, but I'm not sure if all of them
                    >did.
                    > I have forgotten where Sand Mt. is. Isn't it quite a way from Holly
                    >Tree
                    >and Princeton?
                    >Which GRAHAMS, CRESSWELLS and PADGETTS do you know?
                    >Velma

                  • kathy edwards
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 8, 2004
                      Grahams lived near Stevenson, close to the Edgefield Church. Padgetts live
                      on HWY 72 near Stevenson and Creswells own a potato farm on Sand Mtn. which
                      is in Henagar. They are very nice people. As far as their geneaology, I
                      don't know grandfathers ggrandfathers, etc.

                      >From: vrgfdonna@...
                      >To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] MEMBER
                      >Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 23:04:59 EDT
                      >

                      >In a message dated 9/7/2004 8:20:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
                      >kated35765@... writes:
                      >
                      >I know some Graham's, Cresswells (on sand mt. in jc AL) Padgetts and I am
                      >looking for info on Hunters.
                      >

                      >----------------
                      >

                      >Really? I am needing HUNTER info, too. Who were your HUNTERS?
                      >I think my GRAHAMS lived at Holly Tree, but I'm not sure if all of them
                      >did.
                      > I have forgotten where Sand Mt. is. Isn't it quite a way from Holly
                      >Tree
                      >and Princeton?
                      >Which GRAHAMS, CRESSWELLS and PADGETTS do you know?
                      >Velma

                    • Nelda Thompson
                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 9, 2004
                        Kathy,
                        Thanks for the answer. I am searching for McCoys, GG & G
                        Grandparents of my husband. I am trying to fit Louisa Rice
                        McCoy & Andrew McCoy as parents of G.Grandfather James
                        McCoy. They have a son James, abt correct age on 1860/70
                        census & he alone on 1880 with children.
                        Any help appreciated.
                        Nelda
                        >I had thought I had signed up to be a member of this site. However,
                        >when I was checking the T's, I did not see my name or e-mail address.
                        >Could someone in charge add my name, Nelda Thompson Colleyville, TX,
                        >and e-mail address of: neldathompson@...
                        >
                        >Thanks,
                        >Nelda
                        >
                        >P.S. Wouldn't it be nice to add under our names, which Surname we
                        >are searching?

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      • Nelda Thompson
                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 9, 2004
                          Would you know names of any of these McCoys? I would give
                          them a call, especially older members of the family, that might
                          have some info. Its Louisa Rice McCoy & Andrew J. McCoy I
                          am seeking the line on.
                          Nelda
                          There are a lot of McCoys in Stevenson. Don't know if they are into
                          geneaology.

                          >From: "Nelda Thompson" <neldathompson@...>
                          >To: <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
                          >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] MEMBER
                          >Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 19:48:53 -0500
                          >
                          >Thanks for the welcome. I had thought myself a member, but when I checked
                          >the
                          >T's under member e-mail addresses, I wasn't there. Perhaps that must be
                          >done
                          >seperately? I am working on the James F. McCoy family, my husbands G.
                          >grandfather, & Martha Hendricks Arnold McCoy. Her 1st husband was John
                          >Arnold.
                          >She & James m. 1871 Jackson Co.
                          >Nelda

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor