Re: [jacksongenealogy] K. Edwards

  • Joy Smith
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 6, 2004
      Kathy E,
      Are you Peg Krause's niece?

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "kathy edwards" <kated35765@...>
      To: <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 4:41 PM
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson County Book

      > Kathy,
      > I do not know much about any Rash's out there but I was raised just
      outside
      > of stevenson in a small community called RASH, AL. The mailing address is
      > Stevenson it is so small. It is just before you get to the split going to
      > Big Coon and Little Coon communitites. All hunters usually know where that
      > is if they have ever been to Jackson Co. I'll bet some of the Rash's are
      > buried in the Longacre Cemetery or the Shipp Cemetery. Longacre is in the
      > Rash community.
      >

      > >From: Kathy Thomison <txrredhead2000@...>
      > >To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson County Book
      > >Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 06:51:57 -0700 (PDT)
      > >
      > >Joy,
      > >
      > >Is there somewhere I can buy the Jackson County Book? I have the
      > >Stevenson Story. I'm looking for info on the Rash family.
      > >
      > >Thanks,
      > >Kathy Rash Thomison
      > >
      > >Joy Smith <joy0420@...> wrote:
      > >There are several articles on Shraders - pgs 309-313.
      > >Archibald Shrader, Bessie Mae Shrader Shrader, Charles Archie Shrader,
      > >Daniel Shrader, Earlie E. Shrader, Henry Hugh Shrader, Henry Shrader,
      > >Hughie Marion Shrader, John Martin Shrader family, Marybelle Shrader
      Brock,
      > >Mirtie Easter Shrader Tumlin. Too much for me to type, but someone with
      > >scanner could really give you some wonderful info. Joy

      Williams,
      > >Edge, Smith, Kirksey, Demers, Murphy, Allen
      > >
      > > It's 2004... Do you know where your g-g-great grandparents are?

      James
      > >Anderson and Nancy Hardage Anderson. If anyone can help me out i sure
      > >would appreciate it.
      > > Natalie
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > >Service.

      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > >Service.

      > >Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      > >KATHY

    • kathy edwards
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 7, 2004
        Yes Joy,
        Is that good????????????????HA

        >From: "Joy Smith" <joy0420@...>
        >To: <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] K. Edwards
        >Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 14:52:16 -0500
        >
        >Kathy E,
        >Are you Peg Krause's niece?

      • Joy Smith
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 8, 2004
          I wouldn't say good, exactly! hahaha. I cut hair with Peg right before she
          retired to spend time with Jr. I think you had your twins the same time I
          had my son, Feb 1982. You were big news with big twins, if I'm remembering
          right.
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 8, 2004
            What is your sons name. Yes I had twins and also Haley, the one who was in
            a wreck. The boys weighed 8.9oz. I wonder if the boys went to Northeast
            with your son. The boys are at Auburn right now and Haley at Drake. I
            probably would recognize you if I saw you since I lived in Stevenson for so
            long. Just can't place you. Lordy, since you know Peggy you probably know
            all about us, ha.
            and everyone else in town if you were a hairdresser, ha.

          • Joy Smith
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 17, 2004
              My son is Matt Smith. Unfortunately, we couldn't get him to go on to school
              after high school, but he's showing some interest now that he's "grown up" a
              bit.
              Peg always bragged about you & Mike, just snickered about Benny some.
              hahaha. How's Dot doing? Haven't seen Peggy or Dot in a long time, too long
              in fact.
              > What is your sons name. Yes I had twins and also Haley, the one who was
              in
              > a wreck. The boys weighed 8.9oz. I wonder if the boys went to
              Northeast
              > with your son. The boys are at Auburn right now and Haley at Drake. I
              > probably would recognize you if I saw you since I lived in Stevenson for
              so
              > long. Just can't place you. Lordy, since you know Peggy you probably
              know
              > all about us, ha.
              > and everyone else in town if you were a hairdresser, ha.
              >
              > >From: "Joy Smith" <joy0420@...>
              > >To: <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
              > >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] K. Edwards
              > >Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:52:35 -0500
              > >
              > >I wouldn't say good, exactly! hahaha. I cut hair with Peg right before
              > >she
              > >retired to spend time with Jr. I think you had your twins the same time
              > >had my son, Feb 1982. You were big news with big twins, if I'm
              remembering
              > >right.

            • kathy edwards
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 17, 2004
                Hi Joy,
                How old is Matt. I'm still waiting for one to grow up. Ha
                Peggy is ok, Mom is too. Peggy stays busy with Jr.
                He's doing better than he was once. You need to go and see them. Gil Hunter her long lost cousin just passed away this week. I hated to hear it. He lived in Fort Worth TX I think. Would have liked to see him, he gave Grandma a great gift by coming to see her before she died since she had'nt met any kin on her mothers side.

                You really ought to go see Peggy. She'd like it.
                What does Matt do now? How old is he, remember I have a young GIRL!!!! HA.
                > What is your sons name. Yes I had twins and also Haley, the one who was
                in
                > a wreck. The boys weighed 8.9oz. I wonder if the boys went to
                Northeast
                > with your son. The boys are at Auburn right now and Haley at Drake. I
                > probably would recognize you if I saw you since I lived in Stevenson for
                so
                > long. Just can't place you. Lordy, since you know Peggy you probably
                know
                > all about us, ha.
                > and everyone else in town if you were a hairdresser, ha.
                >
                > >From: "Joy Smith" <joy0420@...>
                > >To: <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
                > >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] K. Edwards
                > >Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:52:35 -0500
                > >
                > >I wouldn't say good, exactly! hahaha. I cut hair with Peg right before
                > >she
                > >retired to spend time with Jr. I think you had your twins the same time
                > >had my son, Feb 1982. You were big news with big twins, if I'm
                remembering
                > >right.

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Joy Smith

                  > What is your sons name. Yes I had twins and also Haley, the one who was
                  in
                  > a wreck. The boys weighed 8.9oz. I wonder if the boys went to
                  Northeast
                  > with your son. The boys are at Auburn right now and Haley at Drake. I
                  > probably would recognize you if I saw you since I lived in Stevenson for
                  so
                  > long. Just can't place you. Lordy, since you know Peggy you probably
                  know
                  > all about us, ha.
                  > and everyone else in town if you were a hairdresser, ha.
                  >
                  > >From: "Joy Smith" <joy0420@...>
                  > >To: <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
                  > >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] K. Edwards
                  > >Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:52:35 -0500
                  > >
                  > >I wouldn't say good, exactly! hahaha. I cut hair with Peg right before
                  > >she
                  > >retired to spend time with Jr. I think you had your twins the same time
                  > >had my son, Feb 1982. You were big news with big twins, if I'm
                  remembering
                  > >right.

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                • kathy edwards
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 25, 2004
                    Well, Matt is really close to the boys age. Dustin and Daniel were born on Feb 9, 1982. They are the same age almost exactly. I can't say they were premies though they weighed 8'9" each. 17lb. 2 oz of baby. Ha. When was your premie born, was you talking about Matt or a new one?? Sorry to hear about all your problems, you seem to have more than most. How's your dad. And grandma? Let me know what they say about your back. Dr. Fulbright is a neurosurgeon/a really good one. Did you get to see him by any chance? He was Haley's Dr.
                    Where do you live? What was your maiden name, we must be about the same age. If you were from Stevenson I should remember you.
                    See ya,
                    Good luck at the Dr.s office.
                    Kathy
                    Matt was born 2-12-1982, and I think your boys were around that time. I have a dau also, she's nearly 20. Had a preemie (he was due Aug 28, got here May 12) and was in H'ville Hosp 3+ mos. He's doing good now. He was born on the day my Dad was coming home from Sisken from his stroke rehab. Then, 2 weeks ago, taking care of my hubby's 98 yr old g'ma I've done something bad to my back. MRI Mon, neurosurgeon Oct 5, so here we go again. I've wanted to go see Peggy so many times this year, but as you can see, it's been a real doozie for the Smith's. If you talk to her, please tell her hello. She's on my list of most favorite folks.

                    > What is your sons name. Yes I had twins and also Haley, the one who was
                    in
                    > a wreck. The boys weighed 8.9oz. I wonder if the boys went to
                    Northeast
                    > with your son. The boys are at Auburn right now and Haley at Drake. I
                    > probably would recognize you if I saw you since I lived in Stevenson for
                    so
                    > long. Just can't place you. Lordy, since you know Peggy you probably
                    know
                    > all about us, ha.
                    > and everyone else in town if you were a hairdresser, ha.
                    >
                    > >From: "Joy Smith" <joy0420@...>
                    > >To: <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
                    > >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] K. Edwards
                    > >Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:52:35 -0500
                    > >
                    > >I wouldn't say good, exactly! hahaha. I cut hair with Peg right before
                    > >she
                    > >retired to spend time with Jr. I think you had your twins the same time
                    > >had my son, Feb 1982. You were big news with big twins, if I'm
                    remembering
                    > >right.

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  • prm@hiwaay.net
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 27, 2004
                      Please remember our mailing list is for discussion of Jackson County genealogy

                      thanks

                      Richard list coordinator

                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 27, 2004
                        Please keep in mind that the purpose of our mailing list is for the discussion
                        of Jackson County genealogy related subjects

                        Richard List coordinator
                      • Joy Smith
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 26, 2004
                          Kathy,
                          Was reminded that I put personal info on site - oops. I well remember the "big twins". The preemie is my grandson, born to my daughter. It's been a long haul, but he's 5 1/2 mos old now and about the size of a newborn. Active and very nosy, too.
                          My "back" turned out to be a strep infection in the hip joint (had it once a year ago in the knee). They are spontaneous. Anyhoo, it put me in Erlanger from Sept 28 to Oct 7 for opening, washing etc of the hip joint, and in Sisken from Oct 7 to Oct 20. I'm home now, up and on a walker (for Pete's sake) and starting outpatient rehab next week.
                          For anyone reading this, there is a message here. The M.D.'s think I suffer from a genetic disorder called Familial Mediteranean Fever, passed down thru the family from long ago. Found clues to it thru genealogy research. So, if anyone suffers from sudden fevers, abdominal or joint pain, that completely debilitates you for several days, then is gone as soon as it occurs, you might look into your family history and FMF. Joy
                          Matt was born 2-12-1982, and I think your boys were around that time. I have a dau also, she's nearly 20. Had a preemie (he was due Aug 28, got here May 12) and was in H'ville Hosp 3+ mos. He's doing good now. He was born on the day my Dad was coming home from Sisken from his stroke rehab. Then, 2 weeks ago, taking care of my hubby's 98 yr old g'ma I've done something bad to my back. MRI Mon, neurosurgeon Oct 5, so here we go again. I've wanted to go see Peggy so many times this year, but as you can see, it's been a real doozie for the Smith's. If you talk to her, please tell her hello. She's on my list of most favorite folks.

                          > What is your sons name. Yes I had twins and also Haley, the one who was
                          in
                          > a wreck. The boys weighed 8.9oz. I wonder if the boys went to
                          Northeast
                          > with your son. The boys are at Auburn right now and Haley at Drake. I
                          > probably would recognize you if I saw you since I lived in Stevenson for
                          so
                          > long. Just can't place you. Lordy, since you know Peggy you probably
                          know
                          > all about us, ha.
                          > and everyone else in town if you were a hairdresser, ha.
                          >
                          > >From: "Joy Smith" <joy0420@...>
                          > >To: <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
                          > >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] K. Edwards
                          > >Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:52:35 -0500
                          > >
                          > >I wouldn't say good, exactly! hahaha. I cut hair with Peg right before
                          > >she
                          > >retired to spend time with Jr. I think you had your twins the same time
                          > >had my son, Feb 1982. You were big news with big twins, if I'm
                          remembering
                          > >right.

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor