Clabourn Carr

  • Robert Schneider
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
      Does anyone out there know anything about Clabourn
      Carr?

      Clabourn apparently was in Jackson County at least by
      1830. He appears to have raised his family there and
      died after 1870. The census indicates that he was born
      in Virginia.

      I just found a genealogy for Clabourn on RootsWeb and
      have tried to get in touch with the submitter, but no
      response yet. The info on RootsWeb shows that he was
      born in Montgomery County, VA.

      My interest in Clabourn is due to my mother's family.
      Her Carr family and many related families such as
      Dent, Taylor (thanks Shirley Carter!), Edwards (thanks
      Rich Edwards!), Spence, Williams all spent decades in
      Jackson County. In the 1840 census, my 4th gr
      grandfather John Carr lived just four houses away from
      Clabourn. The problem I have with relating the two
      families is that John was born in SC and Clabourn was
      born in VA. It appears though that their birth years
      were close.

      Who knows? Anyway, if anybody out there knows
      anything about this family and especially if they have
      a connection to the other Carr family in Jackson
      County, I'd appreciate hearing!

      Robert Schneider
      Berkeley Missouri
    • kathy edwards
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2004
        I know some Carr's who live here now that they came from TN. I am also
        looking for Edwards.
        What do you have on them??

        >From: Robert Schneider <robert_s_63134@...>
        >To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Clabourn Carr
        >Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 06:29:49 -0700 (PDT)
        >
        >Does anyone out there know anything about Clabourn
        >Carr?
        >
        >Clabourn apparently was in Jackson County at least by
        >1830. He appears to have raised his family there and
        >died after 1870. The census indicates that he was born
        >in Virginia.
        >
        >I just found a genealogy for Clabourn on RootsWeb and
        >have tried to get in touch with the submitter, but no
        >response yet. The info on RootsWeb shows that he was
        >born in Montgomery County, VA.
        >
        >My interest in Clabourn is due to my mother's family.
        >Her Carr family and many related families such as
        >Dent, Taylor (thanks Shirley Carter!), Edwards (thanks
        >Rich Edwards!), Spence, Williams all spent decades in
        >Jackson County. In the 1840 census, my 4th gr
        >grandfather John Carr lived just four houses away from
        >Clabourn. The problem I have with relating the two
        >families is that John was born in SC and Clabourn was
        >born in VA. It appears though that their birth years
        >were close.
        >
        >Who knows? Anyway, if anybody out there knows
        >anything about this family and especially if they have
        >a connection to the other Carr family in Jackson
        >County, I'd appreciate hearing!
        >
        >Robert Schneider
        >Berkeley Missouri

      • Shirley Carter
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2004
          TRY STONE CO MISSOURI LOTS OD TAYLOR'S CARR'S AND EDWARDS THERE THEY
          TRALVED TOGETHER .

          kathy edwards wrote:

          > I know some Carr's who live here now that they came from TN. I am
          > also
          > looking for Edwards.
          > What do you have on them??
          >

          > >From: Robert Schneider <robert_s_63134@...>
          > >To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Clabourn Carr
          > >Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 06:29:49 -0700 (PDT)
          > >
          > >Does anyone out there know anything about Clabourn
          > >Carr?
          > >
          > >Clabourn apparently was in Jackson County at least by
          > >1830. He appears to have raised his family there and
          > >died after 1870. The census indicates that he was born
          > >in Virginia.
          > >
          > >I just found a genealogy for Clabourn on RootsWeb and
          > >have tried to get in touch with the submitter, but no
          > >response yet. The info on RootsWeb shows that he was
          > >born in Montgomery County, VA.
          > >
          > >My interest in Clabourn is due to my mother's family.
          > >Her Carr family and many related families such as
          > >Dent, Taylor (thanks Shirley Carter!), Edwards (thanks
          > >Rich Edwards!), Spence, Williams all spent decades in
          > >Jackson County. In the 1840 census, my 4th gr
          > >grandfather John Carr lived just four houses away from
          > >Clabourn. The problem I have with relating the two
          > >families is that John was born in SC and Clabourn was
          > >born in VA. It appears though that their birth years
          > >were close.
          > >
          > >Who knows? Anyway, if anybody out there knows
          > >anything about this family and especially if they have
          > >a connection to the other Carr family in Jackson
          > >County, I'd appreciate hearing!
          > >
          > >Robert Schneider
          > >Berkeley Missouri

          > FREE!