Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson County Book

  • malbuff@aol.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 25, 2004
      Is this the Kennamer book or a different one?

      Glory to God,

      David Malbuff
      Strasburg, Virginia

    • sromanek
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 29, 2004
        I would be interested in this book as well. If anyone has it I would sure appreciate a look up to see if any Dover or Shrader names in particular are in it.

        Thanks,
        Sharon Dover Romanek
        Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
        Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...

        Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, Demers, Murphy, Allen

        It's 2004... Do you know where your g-g-great grandparents are?
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 30, 2004
          There are several Shrader families in this book:
          Archibald, Bessie Mae Shrader, Daniel Shrader, Charles
          Archie, Earlie E , Henry, Henry Hugh, Hughie Marion,
          and the John Martin Shrader family.
          There is the mention of a Henry Dover married to
          Americus Shrader (b. 2-5-1862)Americus is daughter of
          Henry Shrader.
          What names are you interested in?

          --- sromanek <sromanek@...> wrote:

          > I would be interested in this book as well. If
          > anyone has it I would sure appreciate a look up to
          > see if any Dover or Shrader names in particular are
          > in it.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Sharon Dover Romanek
          > Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
          > Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...
          >
          > Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner,
          > Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, Demers,
          > Murphy, Allen
          >
          > It's 2004... Do you know where your g-g-great
          > grandparents are?

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • Shirley Carter
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 30, 2004
            WHAT ABOUT SAMUEL MCDANIEL TAYLOR AND MARY BRINSON TAYLOR AND THERE
            FAMILY THEY LIVEDIN CROW CREEK VALLEY, JACKSON CO. AL
            SHIRLEY CARTER NEE TAYLOR

            Sam McDowell wrote:

            > There are several Shrader families in this book:
            > Archibald, Bessie Mae Shrader, Daniel Shrader, Charles
            > Archie, Earlie E , Henry, Henry Hugh, Hughie Marion,
            > and the John Martin Shrader family.
            > There is the mention of a Henry Dover married to
            > Americus Shrader (b. 2-5-1862)Americus is daughter of
            > Henry Shrader.
            > What names are you interested in?

            > --- sromanek <sromanek@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I would be interested in this book as well. If
            > > anyone has it I would sure appreciate a look up to
            > > see if any Dover or Shrader names in particular are
            > > in it.
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Sharon Dover Romanek
            > > Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
            > > Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...
            > >
            > > Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner,
            > > Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, Demers,
            > > Murphy, Allen
            > >
            > > It's 2004... Do you know where your g-g-great
            > > grandparents are?

            [click here]

            > Service.

          • Sam McDowell
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 31, 2004
              I did't find any history on Samuel or Mary Brinson
              Taylor.
              Which Carter is your ancestor? I have William R
              Carter in my family.

              --- Shirley Carter <cartersa@...> wrote:

              > WHAT ABOUT SAMUEL MCDANIEL TAYLOR AND MARY BRINSON
              > TAYLOR AND THERE
              > FAMILY THEY LIVEDIN CROW CREEK VALLEY, JACKSON CO.
              > AL
              > SHIRLEY CARTER NEE TAYLOR
              >
              > Sam McDowell wrote:
              >
              > > There are several Shrader families in this book:
              > > Archibald, Bessie Mae Shrader, Daniel Shrader,
              > Charles
              > > Archie, Earlie E , Henry, Henry Hugh, Hughie
              > Marion,
              > > and the John Martin Shrader family.
              > > There is the mention of a Henry Dover married to
              > > Americus Shrader (b. 2-5-1862)Americus is daughter
              > of
              > > Henry Shrader.
              > > What names are you interested in?

              > > --- sromanek <sromanek@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > > I would be interested in this book as well. If
              > > > anyone has it I would sure appreciate a look up
              > > > see if any Dover or Shrader names in particular
              > are
              > > > in it.
              > > >
              > > > Thanks,
              > > > Sharon Dover Romanek
              > > > Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
              > > > Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...
              > > >
              > > > Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader,
              > Tyner,
              > > > Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey,
              > Demers,
              > > > Murphy, Allen
              > > >
              > > > It's 2004... Do you know where your g-g-great
              > > > grandparents are?

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush
            • sromanek

                --- sromanek <sromanek@...> wrote:

                > I would be interested in this book as well. If
                > anyone has it I would sure appreciate a look up to
                > see if any Dover or Shrader names in particular are
                > in it.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Sharon Dover Romanek
                > Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
                > Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...
                >
                > Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner,
                > Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, Demers,
                > Murphy, Allen
                >
                > It's 2004... Do you know where your g-g-great
                > grandparents are?

                [This message may be spam]

              • Shirley Carter
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 31, 2004
                  Shirley Carter wrote:

                  > Shirley Carter wrote:
                  >
                  >> Sam , it seems that Samuel McDaniel Taylor born 1770 East TN or IT(
                  >> as TN didn't become a state until 1790)and his wife Mary Brinson
                  >> born 1774 Pulskai KY. moved to Jackson CO., AL. and raised there
                  >> family there. However they are in Franklin CO., TN. 1850 Census
                  >> living by there Daughter and son.. There son Zebedee Taylor born
                  >> 1805 Pulaski,KY married Mary Jane Grooms born 1806 NC. married in
                  >> 1827 in Franklin CO., TN. actually Crow creek Valley Franklin CO.,
                  >> TN. While his father and mother lived in Crow Creek Valley, Jackson
                  >> CO., AL , about 4 miles from each other.
                  >
                  > Now your question about the Carter's is my married name I am a Taylor
                  > birth. My husbands family came from Utah to California all I can tell
                  > you Rumors are the Carter's also has family in TN. But if so I don't
                  > know anything about them. Sorry. .
                  >

                  >> Sam McDowell wrote:
                  >>
                  >> > I did't find any history on Samuel or Mary Brinson
                  >> > Taylor.
                  >> > Which Carter is your ancestor? I have William R
                  >> > Carter in my family.

                  [click here]

                  >> > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                  >> > Service.

                • Sam McDowell
                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 31, 2004
                    I can scan and email them to you one at a time, that
                    way the file won't be too large. I
                    --- sromanek <sromanek@...> wrote:

                    > Actually I am interested in all of them Sam. Thanks
                    > for the message. America which was actually her name
                    > was my great grandmother and married Henry Anderson
                    > Dover. All of the Shraders in that area are mine.
                    > Would it be possible for me to get copies of the
                    > articles from you? I would be willing to pay for
                    > copy costs as well as postage.
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    >
                    > Sharon Dover Romanek
                    > Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
                    > Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...
                    >
                    > Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner,
                    > Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, Demers,
                    > Murphy, Allen
                    >
                    > It's 2004... Do you know where your g-g-great
                    > grandparents are?

                  • Joy Smith

                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 2, 2004
                          Joy,

                          Is there somewhere I can buy the Jackson County Book? I have the Stevenson Story. I'm looking for info in the Rash family.

                          Thanks,
                          Kathy Rash Thomison

                          Joy Smith <joy0420@...> wrote:
                          There are several articles on Shraders - pgs 309-313.
                          Archibald Shrader, Bessie Mae Shrader Shrader, Charles Archie Shrader, Daniel Shrader, Earlie E. Shrader, Henry Hugh Shrader, Henry Shrader, Hughie Marion Shrader, John Martin Shrader family, Marybelle Shrader Brock, Mirtie Easter Shrader Tumlin. Too much for me to type, but someone with a scanner could really give you some wonderful info. Joy

                          Does anyone on this list have access to the book " The Heritage of Jackson County, Alabama" ? I have tried and cant seem to find it anywhere.. I am wanting to know the information in this book about James Anderson and Nancy Hardage Anderson. If anyone can help me out i sure would appreciate it.
                          Natalie

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                          KATHY

                        • Kathy Thomison
                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 2, 2004
                            Joy,

                            Is there somewhere I can buy the Jackson County Book? I have the Stevenson Story. I'm looking for info on the Rash family.

                            Thanks,
                            Kathy Rash Thomison