Re: [jacksongenealogy] RE: William Green Stephens-- CORRECTION

  • Sharon Henson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2004
      Tyler is east of Dallas not Houston. It is North and East of Houston.
      Sharon Langham Henson

      malbuff@... wrote:
      Reviewing a series of previous emails on this subject, I noticed I'd posted
      two
      erroneous statements.

      William Green Stephens' uncle, John B Stephens, was familiarly known as
      'Major' Stephens after the 1812 war, not 'Colonel' Stephens as I had stated.

      Also, John B Stephens' family did not relocate to Tyler, Texas, but to
      Titus county, Texas, in the 1850s. There is a large Stephens plot in
      Edwards' cemetery at Mount Pleasant, seat of Titus county. Mt Pleasant
      is in northeast Texas, not far from Texarkana. Tyler is in southeast
      Texas, east of Houston.

      Glory to God,

      David Malbuff
      Strasburg, Virginia