Re: [jacksongenealogy] Mathis

  • Matthews Joyce
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 12, 2004
      John Thomas Matthews was my gggrandfather and Mary was a sister to my ggrandfather,( John Robert). I would love to have any and all info about John Thomas and I have been trying to find out about any Indian blood in the family. No one seems to know anything about Indian in the family but you're saying that Mary was at least half indian which means either John Thomas or Mary Elizabeth Sanders was 100% indian right ? I would love to find out about the indian in my family. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Robert Patterson <roberjp@...> wrote:my great grandmother name before she got married was mary mathews and she married james m robertson my grandmother was at least half indian.

      clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:Lorriane

      That should read Jim Mathews is the way he is listed not Mathis.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Robert Patterson

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 18, 2004
          You'll find today the spellings of Matthews, Mathews, and Mathis for the Bridgeport branch of the family. Even the ones spelled Matthews are often orally pronounced Mathis despite spelling.
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor