Re: {bounces} Re: [jacksongenealogy]

  • Lorraine Cooper
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12, 2004
      Thanks Mark--Lorraine
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Mark Klan
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 5:58 PM
      Subject: {bounces} Re: [jacksongenealogy]

      Lorraine Cooper wrote:
      > why does this always come back saying I have sent it to
      > dholmesft@... What is this address

      This sort of thing usually happens in an email list when one of the
      members' email address is no longer valid. It's nothing to be concerned
      about. Any email to a list is auto-forwarded to all list members. If one
      or more of the members' addresses is bad, then a "bounce" happens.
      Sometimes these bounces go to the List Adminstrator; in other cases they go
      to the original poster (you, or probably me this time). Assuming this is
      the right diagnosis, at some point the List Administrator or Yahoo itself
      will clean up the subscribtion list and the problem will disappear.

      Mark
      http://www.markklan.com (Acoustic Music Webtools)
      msk@...
      msk@...