jackson county cemeteries

  • grams46@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
      does anyone know if any of the jackson county cemeteries have the HOOD,
      HOUSTON, or REID families buried there? and if so, which ones and where are
      they?
      thanks and peace from kathy
      john 3:16

    • Regina
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
        There is several REIDS buried here

        http://searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/ifetch2?/u1/data/al+index+479764154803+

        does anyone know if any of the jackson county cemeteries have the HOOD,
        HOUSTON, or REID families buried there? and if so, which ones and where are
        they?
        thanks and peace from kathy
        john 3:16

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/FvNolB/TM
      • Earl T Reed
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3, 2004
          Kathy,
          I can point you toward a couple with Reed family in them. The mayor of
          Scottsboro in the late 1950s was John T. Reed, but the spellings seem to get
          crisscrossed over the years. Jackson County has a plethora of Reeds, some
          of which are part of my family, others are other sets of Reeds. If you will
          email at reed0333@... , I can scan in a couple of maps and send to
          your email address since this service does not allow attachments.

          Earl Reed
          Dayton, TN
        • zrcb@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 3, 2004
            Does anybody know what cemetery Robert Boyd is buried in or MaryBoyd.
            I do know they were buried somewhere in Jackson Co. Robert Boyd abt 12 Aug
            1888 and Mary Waller Nelson Boyd hisd wife abt 1912.
            Thank You
            Chuck Boyd My email address is Zrcb@...
            P.S. They were my Ggrandparents both lived and died in Jackson Co Alabama

          • Gullick99@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 4, 2004
              Hi Chuck,
              My trip to Scottsboro was not very successful. I couldn't find Emma's date
              of death or where she is buried. I went through the marriage licenses but did
              not find another marriage in Jackson County, Here grand daughter Hattie (that
              she was living with in 1900) married Robert Guinn in 1901, he was drowned at a
              4th of July picnic in 1904 and she died (the obit said) of a broken heart in
              Feb. 1905.
              I have not done anything since I got home. My nephew was in a car accident
              the 6th of June and has serious head injuries. We have been told he will
              remain in a comatose state with no hope of recovery. Just pray for us please.
              Jean

            • Regina
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 4, 2004
                ROACH CEMETERY, JACKSON COUNTY, ALABAMA
                Take Hwy 72 N from Scottsboro, turn left on Rd 42, turn right at Roach's
                Cove Church sign on Rd 55. Cemetery is located on the right in a clumb of
                trees in a soybean field before you get to the Church.

                Robert L. GUINN 9/30/1875 3/4/1904

                Elious H. GUINN 1821 1904 Confederate Soldier

                Hattie GUINN 11/22/1882 2/18/1905

                Could you use these? Give me the other names you are researching and I will
                see if I can find them.

                http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/FvNolB/TM
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 5, 2004
                  Thanks, yes these are the ones. The other that I have not been able to find
                  is Emma Boyd Brooks Roden. She was list in the 1900 census living in
                  Hollywood with Hattie Frazier Guinn. I have not found her since. Also, her daughter,
                  Lula (lou) Brooks Frazier wife of John Hamilton Frazier died about 1904 in
                  Pisgah, but not show in the Pisgah cemetery next to her father A W Brook or John
                  H Frazier.
                  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
                  Jean Bowen
                  Gullick99@...

                • Regina
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 5, 2004
                    1809-1920 Alabama Marriages

                    Spouse 1: A. M. Roden
                    Spouse 2: Emma Brooks
                    Marriage Date: 24 Jan 1897
                    Marriage Place: Dekalb
                    Performed By: MG
                    Surety/Perf. Name: John Pitts

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 5, 2004
                      Jean, contact Chuck Boyd at ZRCB@... he can help you
                      > Thanks, yes these are the ones. The other that I have not been able to
                      find
                      > is Emma Boyd Brooks Roden. She was list in the 1900 census living in
                      > Hollywood with Hattie Frazier Guinn. I have not found her since. Also,
                      her daughter,
                      > Lula (lou) Brooks Frazier wife of John Hamilton Frazier died about 1904 in
                      > Pisgah, but not show in the Pisgah cemetery next to her father A W Brook
                      or John
                      > H Frazier.
                      > Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
                      > Jean Bowen
                      > Gullick99@...

                    • Regina
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 6, 2004
                        Did you see this?

                        Alabama Marriages, 1809-1920 (Selected Counties)
                        has 4 matches for:
                        Ada Frazier in Alabama

                        Spouse 1: A. M. Roden
                        Spouse 2: Ada Frazier