LEWIS

  • ccb439@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2004
      I am interested in the Lewis line. I have been researching Cooper, Ross,
      Veatch, Quisenberry, Lacy, Steager and Wall lines in the Jackson Co area. There
      was a murder trial in 1833 involving Thomas Quisenberry. Thomas Q murdered Tandy
      Lewis, Meriweather Lewis, brother of Tandy, along with Ross and Coopers were
      called as witness for the State of Al. The murder took place in Madison Co,
      but there was a change of venue to Jackson Co. I have not been able to obtain
      any info on the trail after the change of venue. If you have any information on
      the family of Meriweather Lewis, I would be glad to share any info I have that
      would help you in your research.
      Cathy Bell